Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sorry but this is shit. This is really shit.

West Brom landing Jay Rodriguez for 12m and we're sat here still not signed anyone since Atsu for peanuts.

Getting frustrated and concerned..

One more sleep.

Seriously though, I'll be surprised if we don't have our second signing made (or on the cusp ala Sels last year) by end of play tomorrow.

Everton are a better attraction than us.  We have to realistic about the type of player we can attract.

They (and I would probably say most of the premiership teams) are now thanks to the Ashley and his muppets as they certainly weren't before he bought the club.

They were well on there way to taking over us from 2005 to Ashley like.

Even in that period the likes of Dunn and Smith (to which they would have been well chuffed about) chose us over them so don't agree there mind.

I suspect they only choose us because of the wages we offered.  Also it's Duff not Dunn.

We were pitched as a club far far better then. We had high revenue compared to Everton and platitudes aside, came across as a big club.

We got Rafa Benitez to manage us in the Championship so I dont think its entirely unrealistic to challenge f***ing Everton for Sandro Ramirez. Again... its all down to how we are sold as a club. This is the legacy of Ashley... to get everyone thinking tiny.

Would definitely take Grosicki. Bit of a one trick pony in terms of his play and not so hot technically, but would be a very decent option for us on the left.

He had quite a poor reputation in his early career for his off-field behaviour, but has apparently settled down a lot in the last few years and it's showing on the pitch.

He's apparently got a relegation clause in his contract, if rumours are to be believed, so despite his age we'd probably have a nibble if the money was right. Could see Rafa loving his work rate, would be like having a Gouffran who is actually useful from open play in terms of build-up, but he doesn't have the same goal threat.

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, I said at the end of the season that he really stands out as being a Rafa sort of player. I don't think he's great, but there's something about him that I like.

Would definitely take Grosicki. Was highly rated before a stint in rehab for a gambling addiction, and has seemingly turned his career around. Much better option than Gouffran anyway, and Rafa would get the best out of him

Probably wouldn't have taken him about a month ago as I don't think he's that good but would take him now as we seem to be struggling to get players in, and he's miles better than Gouff