Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Paranoia is a motherfucker. Y'all need to chill. Unless anything major happens Rafa knows the score, he knows the limitations that he has to work within and he's got it under control.

For him, this isn't a one - two year plan where he's going to change us from being a laughing stock to challenging the top 7 overnight, he's going to take his time. It's a project for him, he wants to build something sustainable.

I really can only seeing him leaving for the Spain job or because MA reverts to type and brings in JFK and Dennis Wise as his PR team or something. Gung-ho isn't his style, just look at the meticulous way he prepares for matches. His running of the club will be no different. No stone left unturned. It's probably why it takes us weeks to sign a player that is very strongly linked because Rafa is there checking every little detail and having real in-depth conversations with the potential signings and their coaches, scouts etc.

Montero and Traore aren't good enough like. I really hope we're in for neither.

Traore might be worth a punt at the right price but only as competition and not pinning our hopes on him as a starter. The thing is, if we are keeping Aarons and have Atsu and Ritchie, that only really leaves space for one more. Like Atsu (inconsistent) and Aarons (injury prone), Traore would arrive with major question marks.

Who you expecting? with regards to Montero, Traore clearly isn't good enough obviously. As inconsistent as Montero is i'd definitely take him.

I dont get chasing Traore as we already have Aarons, unless Aarons isn't fit enough yet or going to get loaned out. Montero yes, inconsistent maybe but he's a step up on those two, with a fair bit of Premier League experience thrown in.

We're desperate for a left winger like

:thup:

Although if Gouffran signs on then both him and Aarons will take squad places. Really don't understand offering him that new deal, unless Aarons is off on loan. Not sure I'd be happy with Rolando being one of the 25.

Guest firetotheworks

Who you expecting? with regards to Montero, Traore clearly isn't good enough obviously. As inconsistent as Montero is i'd definitely take him.

I'm expecting the likes of Traore and Montero, that's the problem. I'd like some players with better quality though, of which there are plenty.

I think we're buying 4 to 5 on a fairly restricted budget, and then it could become 6 to 7 if we sell some of the dead weight in the squad. Looks to me like Rafa is trying to squad up, rather than big name it. I'm pretty much convinced that would have been the plan all along, and probably partly his plan too. He'll know the squad isn't good enough, so he's juggling to see what he can do.

This is where our owners refusal to speculate to accumulate is hitting us, add decent players to the squad and then put in a couple of big ones and excellent. Ain't goiing to happen and you do wonder with a manager like Rafa, whether that ever will. If Ashley can't really see what Rafa is, and what he can give you if you put a but more in, he'll never see it in any other manager.

This has got to be the most frustrating window in a long while considering what we could build having Rafa here. Not only are the targets pretty low quality, it seems is if we aren't even in the process of buying anyone, instead we just monitor or keep tabs on.

No idea why Aarons is so highly thought of amongst our support ike. He's had less than a handful of good games and been out injured for more time than fit.

Wasting squad places on players like him, hoping that one day they'll come good is what causes us to have to play people out of position to cover for injuries.

Send him out on loan and if he can prove himself consistently over a season then we'll keep him. Freeing up a squad place for someone who will actually play.

I think we're buying 4 to 5 on a fairly restricted budget, and then it could become 6 to 7 if we sell some of the dead weight in the squad. Looks to me like Rafa is trying to squad up, rather than big name it. I'm pretty much convinced that would have been the plan all along, and probably partly his plan too. He'll know the squad isn't good enough, so he's juggling to see what he can do.

This is where our owners refusal to speculate to accumulate is hitting us, add decent players to the squad and then put in a couple of big ones and excellent. Ain't goiing to happen and you do wonder with a manager like Rafa, whether that ever will. If Ashley can't really see what Rafa is, and what he can give you if you put a but more in, he'll never see it in any other manager.

:thup:

Also it makes sense to spend big now, despite silly prices. The trend isn't showing any signs of stopping now and will only be worse in future windows.

All this hysteria based on what a handfull of papers who generally know nothing anyway are saying. I'll be reserving judgement until the end of the month personally, there's no point getting worked up at this stage its not as if we can do anything about it.

All this hysteria based on what a handfull of papers who generally know nothing anyway are saying. I'll be reserving judgement until the end of the month personally, there's no point getting worked up at this stage its not as if we can do anything about it.

The media are often criticised and accused of not really knowing what goes on, but tbh we rarely sign anyone without them linking us first.

With Darlow being off to Boro, Traore makes too much sense not to be true. We will be using Darlow as leverage.

From what I've seen, he'd be a decent signing because he's quick as fuck. Hopefully Rafa can smooth the rough edges and make him useful.