Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Grant Hanley

Achraf Lazaar

Massadio Haidara

Jesus Gamez

Tim Krul

Henri Saivet

Emmanuel Riviere

Jack Colback?

All need to go in order to make way for new players.

I'd have the LB's at the bottom of that list as we only have one at the club.

Grant Hanley

Achraf Lazaar

Massadio Haidara

Jesus Gamez

Tim Krul

Henri Saivet

Emmanuel Riviere

Jack Colback?

Can't believe we're having trouble shifting so many. Surely they'd prefer first team football and a cut of a transfer fee - even if it's to the championship, the fees are still high.

Obviously people will say it's due to silly wages that they won't get elsewhere, which is possible, but that's an awful attitude to have and I'd chuck them right off in the reserves.

Grant Hanley

Achraf Lazaar

Massadio Haidara

Jesus Gamez

Tim Krul

Henri Saivet

Emmanuel Riviere

Jack Colback?

Can't believe we're having trouble shifting so many. Surely they'd prefer first team football and a cut of a transfer fee - even if it's to the championship, the fees are still high.

Obviously people will say it's due to silly wages that they won't get elsewhere, which is possible, but that's an awful attitude to have and I'd chuck them right off in the reserves.

Also probably because we can't find clubs to buy them.

Think the majority of those players will be eventually be offloaded but at the very end of the window. That'll mean their values might be lower than what we expect now but crucially there will be little time for Rafa to get players in unless we already have deals ready to be concluded once players go out. Could be worse if we only get them out on loan as opposed to permanent sales.

I thought Ashley claimed he didn't get involved in the recruitment process? He just basically says "there's the budget, you spend it how you like". Is that just shit reporting or is he more hands on than we are led to believe?

Interested to see us announce our squad this week. Who will be left out and whether we leave gaps for new signings.

I'm assuming that those named can be replaced up until the end of the window?

I thought Ashley claimed he didn't get involved in the recruitment process? He just basically says "there's the budget, you spend it how you like". Is that just s*** reporting or is he more hands on than we are led to believe?

Do you believe a word that comes out of Ashley's gob?

I thought Ashley claimed he didn't get involved in the recruitment process? He just basically says "there's the budget, you spend it how you like". Is that just s*** reporting or is he more hands on than we are led to believe?

Do you believe a word that comes out of Ashley's gob?

I believe he only cares about the money. If the wage bill is £60m on 25 players or 35 players, why would he care?

Wage bill has to be the issue, (other than Ashley being a cunt cut in general).

It can't help having Haidara, Krul (fair wedge), Lazaar, Riviere and probably a couple more on first team wages, who have no future at the club.

Most people would take the small gamble that we are likely to get shot of most of them before the end of the month, so we are ok to go out and sign players but not our lot.

Krul, Hanley, Good, Haidara, Lazaar, Saivet and Riviere are the ones that absolutely need to be moved on ASAP, with Colback not far behind them.

Provided we're able to do this and get some incoming business underway, then the likes of Gamez, De Jong and Mitrovic could be for the chop too.

However, things have really moved at a snail's pace in terms of outgoings and we're left hoping that teams start to get desperate at the end of the window.

Save for another summit between Ashley and Benitez, whereby the latter convinces the former to extend the overdraft or to underwrite more debt in the very short-term (i.e. less than 12 months), then we're looking a bit stuck. If the money's not there and we don't have the ability to take on more debt, what can we do other than to back-load deals like we did with Merino? Not every club is going to go for that, unfortunately.