Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lennon would just be an expensive flop IMO. Another player who is available, but not a game changer as far as relegation is concerned.

If he's expensive we probably won't buy him.

If he's inexpensive, it's because his value has dropped so much due to constant failure to produce. Which makes him in all likelihood a waste of money no matter how inexpensive he is.

Right, but not expensive :pow:

Read somewhere a swap deal could be likely involving Dwight Gayle and Tom Cairney.

Then selling Jonjo Shelvey to West Ham for £15M.

That would give us £15M or even more if we sell Mitro(for say £10M) to spend on a new striker.

I'd do thoose deals if possible.

Read somewhere a swap deal could be likely involving Dwight Gayle and Tom Cairney.

Then selling Jonjo Shelvey to West Ham for £15M.

That would give us £15M or even more if we sell Mitro(for say £10M) to spend on a new striker.

I'd do thoose deals if possible.

That's logical mathematics though. At this club such dealing would give us £5M to spend on a striker.

Irrespective of anyone's opinion on individual players like Shelvey it's now far too late to consider selling anyone in and around the first team. Too risky, even without Ashley interfering.

Mitrovic is the only senior player we could get away with selling to raise funds at this point IMO.

Irrespective of anyone's opinion on individual players like Shelvey it's now far too late to consider selling anyone in and around the first team. Too risky, even without Ashley interfering.

Mitrovic is the only senior player we could get away with selling to raise funds at this point IMO.

:thup: Bang on as always Dave.

:thup: The squad's paper thin already so there's no way we should be making it any smaller

Still think we should be in for Sturridge.  I know Inter are interested but he isn't going to start ahead of Icardi and they are only have Serie A to compete in.  If he's serious about getting in the England team, then he needs to play and he's head and shoulder above our other strikers.

Still think we should be in for Sturridge.  I know Inter are interested but he isn't going to start ahead of Icardi and they are only have Serie A to compete in.  If he's serious about getting in the England team, then he needs to play and he's head and shoulder above our other strikers.

Cant help but feel he'd be too costly and too injured.

That's the position we're in though I guess, need to gamble. (:lol:)