Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rafa and Reina have a great relationship. Pepe is past his best and has been for some time, but Rafa would take him as back up, or short term number 1, with a view to having him on the coaching staff at some stage because he knows his stuff and is a great bloke. Again, depends on the ££££.

Tammy Abraham.

Benitez wants him here on loan.

One for the future.

If we get him I hope people give him some time to settle in. We need to get behind him and not have his confidence shot, or else he'll fall down the leagues and end up at a club like Lincoln City.

These are the players i think we should be looking to shift next season, the rest can play some part as subs or first team players:

Matz Sels

Jack Colback

Grant Hanley

Achraf Lazaar

Mohammed Diame

Massadio HAidara

Yoan Gouffran

Jesus Gamez

Daryl Murphey

Emannauell Riviere

Henri Saivet

We can get some decent cash from them and reduce our wage budget to make way for new signings.

These are the players i think we should be looking to shift next season, the rest can play some part as subs or first team players:

Matz Sels - next to nothing

Jack Colback - next to nothing

Grant Hanley - <5m

Achraf Lazaar - next to nothing

Mohammed Diame - ~£5m

Massadio HAidara - nowt

Yoan Gouffran - leaving on a free no?

Jesus Gamez - nowt

Daryl Murphey - ~£3m

Emannauell Riviere - nowt

Henri Saivet - ~£2m if we're very lucky

We can get some decent cash from them and reduce our wage budget to make way for new signings.

we won't get much for that mob like

Considering Anita is already leaving, I wouldn't get of Gamez, Haidara and Lazaar and leave us with only two fullbacks, like.

Where's this from?

His contract is up this season, and there hasn't been any hint that he's getting a new deal.

Unless we're upgrading Yedlin then he'll be our 2nd choice RB (and that's being a bit unkind given Benitez rotated the 2 for most of the season). I doubt we're desperate to get rid like, if we do we must be planning on bringing another in, I don't think we can rely on Jesus.

I would be very interested in buying a number of young players from the top teams. Abraham, Ake. Potentially Fosu Mensah. Ineanacho.

Think the big big clubs will always go for the sure-fire signings over giving kids a chance. There's a market there. Get them disciplined into Rafa-ball.

you'd have to offer buy-backs or sell on %'s for that to work imo but yeah seems a decent way to go to some extent

rafa will always value experience though

Bigger issue would be the fee. Ake signed into 2020. Kelechi 2021. Looking at 20m each and not sure if they're worth it.

Guest reefatoon

I think people are expecting too much of an overhaul in the summer. We can't build a mid-table side in one window. I expect to see 5-6 first teamers leave with 5-6 coming in.

sounds like a big overhaul to me.

As exciting as signing 8 players would be, it doesn't make sense to write off half a season trying to gel them into the team.

I'd be happy with letting a few go and signing maybe 4 proper quality players. We need a proper defensive midfielder.. someone who can let Shelvey get on with what he's good at. Assuming Matt Richie will be first choice, we need a solid left sided midfielder. Another striker and then maybe a left back.

Then have a look at it again in January.

Guest palnese

Ashley doesn't think there is value in January and we shouldn't expect to sign anyone unless we are in relegation zone then imo (not that I approve)

We signed half a team in January a few years ago.

Ashley doesn't think there is value in January and we shouldn't expect to sign anyone unless we are in relegation zone then imo (not that I approve)

We signed half a team in January a few years ago.

We were on the brink under Pardew.

Unless we're upgrading Yedlin then he'll be our 2nd choice RB (and that's being a bit unkind given Benitez rotated the 2 for most of the season). I doubt we're desperate to get rid like, if we do we must be planning on bringing another in, I don't think we can rely on Jesus.

I hope to Christ we do upgrade Yedlin. He's decent going forward but his defending is way below Premiership standard. He'll get eaten alive.

I hope to Christ we do upgrade Yedlin. He's decent going forward but his defending is way below Premiership standard. He'll get eaten alive.

I completely disagree with that tbh, our right side is the only real part of the pitch I have no issues with.

Seemed to do fine at Sunderland.

Seemed to do fine at Sunderland.

I didn't see much of him in the Premiership, but I suspect he ended up in the Championship for a reason.

I just think he gives his opponent far too much time and space to get their cross in. His positioning looks wrong.