Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yeah, if its what we need. Kenedy, keeper, and a striker/#10 should do the job till January, and no excuses if we can't do that in a week. The football will be methodical and conservative, but we shouldn't be cast adrift, even with the odd Shelvey meltdown and Gayle "illness".

Mitro out and last minute cheap striker in wouldn't surprise me, if that's the only way to get 8-10M in.

If Kenedy could do what Van Aahnolt did for the makems then id be thinking it could work, like an attacking wing back. Otherwise we have enough to cover wide positions.

Go with 3 at the back, Yedlin/Kenedy as wing-backs then we can either put 2 wingers off a striker or hoy 2 up front.

Meanwhile:

United linked to Stefano Sturaro

Italian media report that United are considering a move for Juventus midfielder Stefano Sturaro but that Serie A champions do not want to sell.

Go with 3 at the back, Yedlin/Kenedy as wing-backs then we can either put 2 wingers off a striker or hoy 2 up front.

Meanwhile:

United linked to Stefano Sturaro

Italian media report that United are considering a move for Juventus midfielder Stefano Sturaro but that Serie A champions do not want to sell.

Get him in on loan, he'll play instead of Hayden.

I actually thought he played for Genoa but looks like Juve signed him and loaned him back.

Send all the fringe players on a massive piss-up to 'thank them for sticking with the club'.

Drug them.

Hire prozzies.

Tell the Sun.

Sack them all for gross misconduct.

Problem solved.

:troll:

Remember that being Mark Bosnich's story at Chelsea :lol: Pretty sure they got rid of another one with blow, too...?

Send all the fringe players on a massive p*ss-up to 'thank them for sticking with the club'.

Drug them.

Hire prozzies.

Tell the Sun.

Sack them all for gross misconduct.

Problem solved.

:troll:

Remember that being Mark Bosnich's story at Chelsea :lol: Pretty sure they got rid of another one with blow, too...?

Adrian Mutu had cocaine issues I think.

I really hope the club start offering a basic salary more dependent on whether the player is in the 25 man squad. Given the extra money in the PL, offloading surplus players is only going to get worse in time. The amount of money our out of squad players are on probably works out to 10-15 million a year.

When no top player's agent accepts these terms will you complain that we have no quality in the squad? It's always going to be a Catch 22 situation.

I'd personally gamble on a smaller squad all round.

depends on the signing. Some would go for it, players like Riviere and Colback were making a big step up joining newcastle, so they would likely be more willing to accept a deal like this.

Riviere didn't think so if you do your research. Colback neither by forcing an extra £5k on his weekly when threatening to go to West Ham.

:lol:

Wind you're neck in mate, i'm only making a suggestion

We might make a couple of signings with some players finally moving out, but they probably won't be Rafa's first choice targets anyway. Don't really care at this point because of that.