Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Always remember.

And tomorrow they are set to clinch a deal for 12-goal Monaco hitman Riviere, who will join a striking pack that will be beefed up further by Newcastle in the coming weeks. He will go straight into the first-team mix but Riviere is seen as a talent to develop, with Newcastle eyeing others.

Bernard - part of Bobby Robson’s top four outfit - said: “The more Newcastle fans chant his name.

“The better he will play.

“That’s what I expect from him.

“He’s a great player.”

Praet's youtube compilations aren't exactly the most exciting. Looks to have a decent touch but doesn't really possess great pace or dribbling ability. Also doesn't have a particularly good goals/assists record considering he was playing for one of the top sides in Belgium.

Praet has good work rate and a pretty good first touch from what I have seen (mostly Anderlecht in CL and EL). Tries ambitious balls but doesn't always succeed. Not the strongest physically, but has good balance and likes to throw in a tackle. A bit similar to Sigurdsson a couple years back maybe?

Praet has good work rate and a pretty good first touch from what I have seen (mostly Anderlecht in CL and EL). Tries ambitious balls but doesn't always succeed. Not the strongest physically, but has good balance and likes to throw in a tackle. A bit similar to Sigurdsson a couple years back maybe?

For a #10, his 1 in 7 goals per game ratio doesn't instil me with confidence  :undecided: It's even worse in Serie A, admittedly he's be played deeper in a 2 or 3 man midfield, but still.

For a #10, his 1 in 7 goals per game ratio doesn't instil me with confidence  :undecided: It's even worse in Serie A, admittedly he's be played deeper in a 2 or 3 man midfield, but still.

Agreed. He is still young and could well improve a lot, but an immediate impact seems unlikely. Then again... do have have better available options atm?

Agreed. He is still young and could well improve a lot, but an immediate impact seems unlikely. Then again... do have have better available options atm?

I would just be happy to have a #10 playing as a #10 instead of a make shift Ayoze / Diame combo :lol:

Praet's youtube compilations aren't exactly the most exciting. Looks to have a decent touch but doesn't really possess great pace or dribbling ability. Also doesn't have a particularly good goals/assists record considering he was playing for one of the top sides in Belgium.

Doesn't need to have mint pace or great dribbling if he can bring people into the game and bridge the gap?

Doesn't need to have mint pace or great dribbling if he can bring people into the game and bridge the gap?

We need more than that now tbh. We look so stinking ordinary. Another ordinary player like Praet will do nothing to help us. We badly need an experienced top quality player but we're so not going to get one.

sounds like a ryan taylor to me.

sounds like a ryan taylor to me.

Minus the set pieces  :weep: