Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ritchie is not a very good player like, he is extremely limited and quite average.

He does have some strengths as well though. Mentally he's tough, and that's important in this squad which is a bit short on that quality. Plus he's got goal potential even if he hasn't actually produced much this season. We need him this season, but he's not good enough for a side that wants to be top half next season, assuming we stay up.

Ritchie is incredibly important as far as setting the tone in our pressing and overall work rate as a team. This is infinitely important as we are a team that really relies on these aspects to get results, as we lack quality. He must be kept.

Even if we re-invested it, our record with incoming players is that patchy that you're better off sticking than twisting if we're talking about a player that plays a lot, is steady and contributes.

:thup:

As shit as our squad is I think Rafa can keep us up largely down to team cohesion. I wouldn't want us selling anyone who has featured often this season. Do that in the summer.

Even if we re-invested it, our record with incoming players is that patchy that you're better off sticking than twisting if we're talking about a player that plays a lot, is steady and contributes.

As s*** as our squad is I think Rafa can keep us up largely down to team cohesion. I wouldn't want us selling anyone who has featured often this season. Do that in the summer.

Great point. They do look like a real team and Ritchie seems an important part of that. Why take the risk?

Ritchie is not a very good player like, he is extremely limited and quite average.

Very good Championship player, hes just not cut out for the step up I think and I do think that was one of the reasons Bournemouth and Eddie Howe were prepared to let him go after he was superb for them during their promotion campaign

Hes one of a few players I don't expect to be here for next season and one that needs replacing if we are to push on

Controversial probably, but, as with Shelvey, I'd be fine selling Ritchie and taking a punt on someone in a similar price bracket. Neither have given us enough this season. I'm sure we could find someone who can take a decent corner, cos that's literally all we'd be losing in Ritchie's case.

Of course there would have to be the total guarantee the transfer fee would be immediately reinvested.

Ritchie is incredibly important as far as setting the tone in our pressing and overall work rate as a team. This is infinitely important as we are a team that really relies on these aspects to get results, as we lack quality. He must be kept.

I can’t grasp why people can’t see this. It would be massively detrimental for our survival bid getting rid of him at this point.

As s*** as our squad is I think Rafa can keep us up largely down to team cohesion. I wouldn't want us selling anyone who has featured often this season. Do that in the summer.

Great point. They do look like a real team and Ritchie seems an important part of that. Why take the risk?

Aye, even if the only point to them is that they're a good presence in the dressing room or a good voice on the pitch, as you say, pointless taking the risk - unless of course someone offers us a ludicrous price :lol:

We need to add to this squad imo, not shuffle it around, at least until the end of the season.

I don't know what the funds are going to be like though, but hopefully it doesn't come down to us having to take that risk.

Ritchie is probably the best corner taker we’ve had for over 10 years. When we are struggling for striker goals that can not be overlooked.

His work rate, pressing, interceptions and general team play is also good he just isn’t the perfect winger.

Someone to keep well involved until the tide turns at this club - but he does need a bit of form again right now like early on in the season.

I can’t grasp why people can’t see this. It would be massively detrimental for our survival bid getting rid of him at this point.

Really infuriating. Sell our best midfielder in a crazy transfer market with a lethagic board who may even decide they can't slash won't replace him. f***ing fantastic idea. Without his assists we wouldn't have been promoted, and this season we'd be bottom. He's done it better and more consistently than Atsu over his newcastle career, and as you mention his work off the ball is one of the reasons I feel we'll drag ourselves through this season.

Murphy has played well for like one game. I like him and he's got potential but every time something like this happens half the forum get's on the hype train and we suddenly don't need Ritchie any more. Cue a few games later when he hits a bad spell and he's s**** and needs replacing again. Its just as well Murphy has finally remembered how to kick a football as Ritchie has been running himself into the ground for the past half a season, and not having anyone to replace him in the team has no doubt been part of the reason why he's on an off patch now.

That sort of goes for Gayle as well if he could sort his confidence issues out we'd be in a lot better shape.

You shouldn’t overhaul a squad in January as it can make a team quite disrupted and off form and with less than half a season left that would be a problem.

We want at most 3 first teamers.

If a loan is the best option then so be it.

You shouldn’t overhaul a squad in January as it can make a team quite disrupted and off form and with less than half a season left that would be a problem.

Still think we need a GK, LB, No. 10 and striker.

If we can sign one player of quality and loan two others of significant quality (ie: all three immediate first teamers) I'd be happy because I think we'd be ahead of the curve for now and would easily stay up.

Still think we need a GK, LB, No. 10 and striker.

Definitely a keeper and a striker.

But all 4 at once in Jan is a step too far. Dummett and Manquillo aren’t anywhere near perfect but the defence is starting to settle again, and the new guy wouldn’t be Rafa-drilled plus have other miscellaneous shortcomings (hence being available for sale in January).

Number 10 - someone posted some Perez stats this weekend of our results when he starts. He is not a dream number 10 but bringing someone else in is again potentially disruptive to what are in fact some very good stats - plus he is Rafa-drilled, plus I have no confidence of any decent number 10 being available to us this month.