Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Last season Rafa was playing inverted wingers with Townsend on the right and Sissoko on the left, maybe he's going to do that again.  I hope not, like.  I like a winger to get past his man and stick in a good cross rather than cutting in.

Guest chicken little

my biggest worry is if we don't make it this season does Rafa stick around for a second year in this division i have my doubts

given our material advantages, if we don't go up this season you could hypothetically make a very strong argument for sacking rafa :lol:

all moot anyway, as we're going to smash the shite out of the league. promoted by christmas, if not earlier.

Last season Rafa was playing inverted wingers with Townsend on the right and Sissoko on the left, maybe he's going to do that again.  I hope not, like.  I like a winger to get past his man and stick in a good cross rather than cutting in.

If he's bought Ritchie to play on the right ( left footed) I suspect that is just what he has in mind.

I like Rafa, therefore he can do whatever he likes

For the like the hundredth time that I've seen on this forum, I'm glad you have absolutely nothing to do with the running of this club. I'll leave it up to the people in the charge with far more nous and forward thinking than you.

For the like the hundredth time that I've seen on this forum, I'm glad you have absolutely nothing to do with the running of this club. I'll leave it up to the people in the charge with far more nous and forward thinking than you.

Having wingers that just run in straight lines and get down wing is just not that effective these days, you need players cutting inside and overlapping fullbacks to try and stretch / overload defences. I think you need 1 player playing on their natural side I.e. Aarons, although he cuts inside and has the pace and movement to do it.

Doesn't Ritchie use both feet, sure I have seen him cross and shoot with both.

Wouldn't worry about next season too much just make sure we are good enough for this season first.

Plus the money if we do get promoted plus Rafa in charge and our status as a club will allow us to sign quality if we get promoted

I'm sure we'll get the money at the end of the season if we do go back up so at least the first season will be tough if we buy players now who are not good  enough to step up.  That's one of the reasons I'm against selling all of our better players now and replacing them with more but lesser players if that's what we end up doing.

Wouldn't worry about next season too much just make sure we are good enough for this season first.

Plus the money if we do get promoted plus Rafa in charge and our status as a club will allow us to sign quality if we get promoted

I'm sure we'll get the money at the end of the season if we do go back up so at least the first season will be tough if we buy players now who are not good  enough to step up.  That's one of the reasons I'm against selling all of our better players now and replacing them with more but lesser players if that's what we end up doing.

I agree Mick, but the thing I fear the most is that once we get back into the PL, Ashley will once again start interfering(via Charnley)in Rafa's transfer targets - partly on the grounds of the fees they would inevitably cost to improve the side, but especially on the wage demands that top players will ask for.

I too have some doubts as to how some of the signings will perform if we reach the PL but as some of them are still quite young it IS possible that Rafa will be able to improve/get the best out of them.

Imperative, though, that we make an instant return this season - failure to do so could have serious repercussions for us as a club in future so there will be enormous pressure on everyone at the club to do the business. As I have already said on other threads, I do not think this season will be any cake-walk and we need to be up for it every game...there will inevitably be injuries and suspensions too - we could well have done without Mitrovic being out for 4 games because we will lack physical presence up front.

Guest chopey

I'm sitting quite close to Rafa today I'll give him the shout about this rockhard fella .... he'll be in by Monday

Knockaert is class, still a bit raw to a certain extent but he has insane skill and does have a good footballing brain. I reckon our fans would love him and at the prices players are going for these days he's well worth a punt for £8-10m.