Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would be great but it looks like a really difficult deal to do.  Can't see Brighton selling

We just got 25m from Wijnaldum and will probably get something similar for Sissoko, no way can Brighton resist if we go high enough.

Which in all honesty there is no reason we shouldn't do if the club is serious about Rafa being in complete control.

We can't be held to ransom just because we've got money. Anything above 10m would be excessive but it depends on just how much Rafa wants him.

There's certainly alternative options out there if they refuse to deal with us at a realistic price.

Aye but it's Brighton (no offence to them :lol:)  I doubt they'll be in a position to hold out for extreme amounts.

They'll accept anything around 10-13m imo, also I'd argue most of the signings were a bit excessive this summer bur if you can then so be it.

I get the feeling they won't listen to any offers from us unfortunately.

We need a new left back too, Gamez looked shakey tbh. It's a bit worrying that Dummett will be starting against Fulham

I'm not Dummets biggest fan but he'll be fine in this league.

I think he's poor, Mid table championship standard and injury prone. We need better imo, hes a canny lad though

Guest Howaythetoon

He is terrible on the ball, how he made it thus far I do not know. He will do a steady job at this level, but that is all.

Dummett is reliable defensively, which is fine, but we really should be looking at an upgrade for left back. I'm happy with him being back up centre half and full back, good player to have in the squad.

Guest chopey

Still think we need a long term left back, both Lascelles and Hanley were shouting a Dummett constantly yesterday almost as if they had no confidence in him and he looked a lot more confident when he moved to centre half.

Would still like to see us go for Will Hughes.

Me too, injury prone or not he is a special talent. Don't see it happening unless we sell another deep lying mid though, while he offers more attacking wise than what we have he isn't an attacking mid that we need either.

Me too, injury prone or not he is a special talent. Don't see it happening unless we sell another deep lying mid though, while he offers more attacking wise than what we have he isn't an attacking mid that we need either.

He looks like he does considerably more off the ball than Shelvey. Think he would be great in a midfield 2 with the likes of Hayden/Saivet sitting alongside him.

Why do we need an attacking mid?  We have plenty of those, what we don't have is many central midfielders who can pass the ball more than a couple of yards. :lol:

If anything what we need more than anything is a player like Hughes but I haven't seen any links.

Guest chopey

Why do we need an attacking mid?  We have plenty of those, what we don't have is many central midfielders who can pass the ball more than a couple of yards. :lol:

If anything what we need more than anything is a player like Hughes but I haven't seen any links.

I still think Saivet is capable of this role, We need a left back

Brighton forum seem to think we've upped our offer to £11M for Knockaert.

Hopefully, certainly would be within the time frame of Thauvin being on the verge of going. Surely if we have gone in with that, it is the asking price because it's a pretty big jump from our starting offer.

Brighton forum seem to think we've upped our offer to £11M for Knockaert.

A randon twitter account with 15k followers is reporting it.

Nothing official from anyone else.

That's a bit unfair, their bio states they are a 'Very Reliable transfer account'.