Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where has all this hate come from on their end? Always liked sheffield weds.

Forestieri links because his agent (and many others) was at SJP yesterday?

Looks like we are genuinely after knockaert. Would be surprised if we don't go back in.

Last time I truly thought of Knockaert was few years ago when he had that double penalty saved and Deeney hit the winner on a thunder volley in stoppage time and the ground went bezerk.

Where has all this hate come from on their end? Always liked sheffield weds.

Forestieri links because his agent (and many others) was at SJP yesterday?

Looks like we are genuinely after knockaert. Would be surprised if we don't go back in.

Answered your own question :thup:

If he is that good, I am surprised that he has not been linked with Premier League clubs.

Think he's one of those who knockabout in the Championship because they're brilliant in that league but just lack something for the top flight. Or maybe Rafa has seen something that could be developed.

That's what we need a couple of players who are seen amongst the best in the championship and have proved it

Absolutely, but i think Rafa is looking at players he also thinks can do a job in the Premier but haven't had that chance. It's a great way and really is low risk especially if you get up.

Wouldn't worry about next season too much just make sure we are good enough for this season first.

Plus the money if we do get promoted plus Rafa in charge and our status as a club will allow us to sign quality if we get promoted

Absolutely this season is imperative we get promoted and some of the guys we've signed this year it doesn't matter as i think most will be dropped down to squad players for a premier league team

my biggest worry is if we don't make it this season does Rafa stick around for a second year in this division i have my doubts

Seems quite a while when we haven't signed a player we've made an initial bid for? Only player I can think of over the last 14 months is that full-back who chose Valencia. Think we'll get Knockaert if Rafa wants him.

Berahino ?

Guest ElCid

If we want players unfortunately we are going to have to pay over the odds to get them as clubs know we have money. Gayle was at least 4 million overpaid in my opinion and Hanley at least 2 million overpaid. Ritchie was about right in the current market.

If we want players unfortunately we are going to have to pay over the odds to get them as clubs know we have money. Gayle was at least 4 million overpaid in my opinion and Hanley at least 2 million overpaid. Ritchie was about right in the current market.

It's all about scale. Paying a million or two over for proven championship players isn't really a big deal for us, Gayle and Ritchie could be argued to have done the business in the premier as well tbh, given half a chance.

Knockaert is class. My Brighton supporting mate has been saying all year that he's the best player in the league. To get him for mega $$$ from a title-challenging rival would be incredible - akin to City going and buying Hazard

Wouldn't worry about next season too much just make sure we are good enough for this season first.

Plus the money if we do get promoted plus Rafa in charge and our status as a club will allow us to sign quality if we get promoted

Absolutely this season is imperative we get promoted and some of the guys we've signed this year it doesn't matter as i think most will be dropped down to squad players for a premier league team

<b>my biggest worry is if we don't make it this season does Rafa stick around for a second year in this division i have my doubts</b>

Financially we are the Manchester City of the Championship. Considering the investments and all the incoming players so far; would we want him to stick around for a second season if he is unable to get us promoted on the first attempt?

<b>my biggest worry is if we don't make it this season does Rafa stick around for a second year in this division i have my doubts</b>

Financially we are the Manchester City of the Championship.

:anguish: Every penny of it is ours. Earned by being Newcastle United.

Financially we are the Manchester City of the Championship.

:anguish: Every penny of it is ours. Earned by being Newcastle United.

He just meant it in the way that we have more money than anyone else