Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would be great but it looks like a really difficult deal to do.  Can't see Brighton selling

We just got 25m from Wijnaldum and will probably get something similar for Sissoko, no way can Brighton resist if we go high enough.

Which in all honesty there is no reason we shouldn't do if the club is serious about Rafa being in complete control.

Would be great but it looks like a really difficult deal to do.  Can't see Brighton selling

We just got 25m from Wijnaldum and will probably get something similar for Sissoko, no way can Brighton resist if we go high enough.

Which in all honesty there is no reason we shouldn't do if the club is serious about Rafa being in complete control.

We can't be held to ransom just because we've got money. Anything above 10m would be excessive but it depends on just how much Rafa wants him.

There's certainly alternative options out there if they refuse to deal with us at a realistic price.

We can't be held to ransom just because we've got money. Anything above 10m would be excessive but it depends on just how much Rafa wants him.

There's certainly alternative options out there if they refuse to deal with us at a realistic price.

Aye but it's Brighton (no offence to them :lol:)  I doubt they'll be in a position to hold out for extreme amounts.

They'll accept anything around 10-13m imo, also I'd argue most of the signings were a bit excessive this summer bur if you can then so be it.

No point in paying daft money just because we've got it and anything more than £10m is daft money for Knockaert.

Aye but it's Brighton (no offence to them [emoji38])  I doubt they'll be in a position to hold out for extreme amounts.

They'll accept anything around 10-13m imo, also I'd argue most of the signings were a bit excessive this summer bur if you can then so be it.

For 10-13m, we could probably get somebody like Moses or in that category anyways who we know can make the step up if/when we get promoted.

We need to be careful not to pay massively over the odds for someone who remains unproven in the highest level as of yet.

There's no real proof that Moses is any better though, for starters he's been bang average for years and tbh hasn't really done anything since leaving Wigan.

He apparently is very good in this league, no worse than Ritchie or Gayle have been anyway who we spent between 20-25m on the both of them to sign.

10-15m is just the going rate for good championship players these days as shown with our signings already, don't really see what the issue is.

If we sell Moussa we might sign this Knockaert guy, but doesn't he play the same position as Ritchie?

Ritchie played on the left yesterday apparently so that doesn't seem to be an issue.

:thup: Thanks.

There's no real proof that Moses is any better though, for starters he's been bang average for years and tbh hasn't really done anything since leaving Wigan.

He apparently is very good in this league, no worse than Ritchie or Gayle have been anyway who we spent between 20-25m on the both of them to sign.

10-15m is just the going rate for good championship players these days as shown with our signings already, don't really see what the issue is.

We've only signed 1 player from the Championship and paid around £6m for him. The 2 players we signed in the £10- £12m bracket dropped down from the PL so I can't see your argument in saying "as shown with our signings already".

Anything more than £10m for Knockaert is over the odds imo. I think our original valuation of £8m is more than fair although I'd understand them wanting to squeeze us for a bit extra considering they know we have the money in the back and we are a promotion rival. What goes in our favour is that we always pay up front for our transfers.

We've only signed 1 player from the Championship and paid around £6m for him. The 2 players we signed in the £10- £12m bracket dropped down from the PL so I can't see your argument in saying "as shown with our signings already".

Because we signed Gayle and Ritchie based on their championship performances. Lord knows they have done nothing in the PL to be worthy of the prices we paid.

10m is fuck all in this day and age anyway.

Because we signed Gayle and Ritchie based on their championship performances. Lord knows they have done nothing in the PL to be worthy of the prices we paid.

10m is f*** all in this day and age anyway.

Richie played well last year in the PL and proved he would be a good player for us should we get promoted. Gayle scored goals at that level when given the chance. Knockaert has done neither.

Attacking players always cost more than centre backs as well.

John Stones will probably cost best part of £50m and he's not that good.

Would be the most expensive defender ever, and would cost about half of Pogba, so thanks for defending my point O0

Would be the most expensive defender ever, and would cost about half of Pogba, so thanks for defending my point O0

John Stones is nowhere as good as Pogba though

Haven't proved your point at all when a centre half who couldn't even get in a poor England team has a price tag of £50m. Pogba has just played in a European final and a Champions League semi final as well as winning his domestic league.

Surely you can see the difference?