Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Graeme Bailey has mentioned we have enquired for Jefferson Montero.

Montero until the end of the season would be an excellent bit of business. Plays on the left as well.

Still in talks for Townsend according to the same guy, and are prepared to wait until the summer to sign him permanently.

Interesting... and his value may drop by then, if he spends the next few months on Palaces bench.

Think a lot will be smoke and mirrors to try and get Palace to agree to the loan now.

Graeme Bailey has mentioned we have enquired for Jefferson Montero.

I wouldn't mind this at all. Would still prefer Townsend but Montero wouldn't be a bad backup to him/someone better until the summer. He's certainly better than Gouffran and Atsu from what I've seen of him and them.

What happened with Montero, beginning of last season he looked like the best winger in the prem, hardly played since has he?

Didn't fit Guidolin's formation as he didn't work hard enough as a defensive player. Spent ages just not playing purely because he didn't work hard enough. Bradley tried to get him back in but took a while to get him back up to the quality he was before.

I think he's a brilliant little player, would be more than happy to get him in, but I'm not sure he suits Rafa's style tbh.

What happened with Montero, beginning of last season he looked like the best winger in the prem, hardly played since has he?

People started gameplanning for him, happens all the time. He's nowhere near as good as the league made him look at the time, better than what we have mind.

Suppose it looks only to be a loan, but how many players are we allowed to loan in per season?

With Atsu already, and Barrow, would we still be able to loan Townsend if a deal became possible?

Maybe a Townsend deal is being shelved till the summer?  :undecided:

Signing Barrow wouldn't exactly quell the slight doubts about promotion. Reckon we'd need a centre midfielder as well. I'd be happy with Townsend or Montero on their own, but with Barrow we'd need someone else imo.

Why would anyone have doubts about promotion? there's no way we don't get promoted, the only concern is Brighton finishing in 1st.

Seen him a couple of times, very direct and incredibly quick but don't know much about his actually ability. A loan would seem ideal.

Not sure this is actually strengthening us as I don't think he's better than Atsu. Will give him a chance though.

Not sure he'd get much gametime tbh unless they've given up on Atsu. Obviously having more cover helps but it's a bit meh.

That's why it doesn't make much sense looking in from the outside. Yeah it's only a loan deal, but so is Atsu, and even he hasn't been getting much game time. Atsu's done okay IMO, scored some useful goals and given us an outlet. You would think it would take someone like Townsend to push him down the queue, not another loan signing.