Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The players we're being linked with (which obviously should be taken with a huge pinch of salt) are slightly underwhelming to be honest. I'm hoping Rafa has some top level players in his sights, players who have proven they can perform in the top European leagues.

I don't think it is underwhelming at all. I think we will see us signing players at a decent price who can help us establish ourselves back in the PL. I think it will be next summer when we see the bigger type names/players coming in. Finding it really interesting on seeing who Rafa will bring in this season to help us establish ourselves. We won't be diving straight in with trophy signings.

I trust Rafa to get it right and I'm not against signing these players if that's who he wants, but I think we also need a few proven Premier league level players rather than shopping for players who've done well in the Championship, as there's no guarantee they can make the step up next season.

Guest alijmitchell

Weren't we all underwhelmed with the signings last season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard to know what everyone was thinking but I think the general feeling was Ritchie, Diame (at the time!!!) and Gayle were perceived as the best bets while Lazaar, Atsu, Yedlin, Gamez, Hayden, Murphy, Clark, Hanley were the "meh"s or at best "we'll see"s.

No, I thought Ritchie, Gayle, Diame, Hanley and Atsu were excellent signings for the Championship at the time. I also had high hopes for Gamez and Lazaar and thought that Yedlin would do a decent job after speaking to a Sunderland supporting mate.

I disagree like, with Shelvey and a proper attacking midfielder I think we definitely need someone who can do the dog work in the middle. To create chances we need the ball.

I don't disagree completely, I'm just not comfortable with Shelvey being the only midfielder we have who can pass the ball at a high level.

At least we have players who can protect the back 4, even if it's not what people may want.

As far as CMs go who can pass, it's Shelvey or nobody.

Who have we got that can protect the back four? Hayden obviously, but he's missed a lot through injury. The rest aren't fit for purpose.

No, I thought Ritchie, Gayle, Diame, Hanley and Atsu were excellent signings for the Championship at the time. I also had high hopes for Gamez and Lazaar and thought that Yedlin would do a decent job after speaking to a Sunderland supporting mate.

Ciaran Clark turned out to be the absolute best for me we looked a different side at the back with him in the team and he absolutely carried Lascelles all season

Ciaran Clark turned out to be the absolute best for me we looked a different side at the back with him in the team and he absolutely carried Lascelles all season

Agreed, but those were the players at the time who I thought would turn out to be good signings. I had probably biggest doubts over Clark at the time.

We've made an offer for Aaron Mooy, allegedly, if you believe this Australian website..

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2017/05/16/exclusive-newcastle-palace-table-bids-maestro-mooy

Not sure how much truth is in that one but wouldn't surprise me at all that we try to pick up a couple of the players we crossed paths with last season in the Champ. Abraham, Cairney, Taylor, Mooy and others will be on our radar for sure.

We've made an offer for Aaron Mooy, allegedly, if you believe this Australian website..

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2017/05/16/exclusive-newcastle-palace-table-bids-maestro-mooy

Not sure how much truth is in that one but wouldn't surprise me at all that we try to pick up a couple of the players we crossed paths with last season in the Champ. Abraham, Cairney, Taylor, Mooy and others will be on our radar for sure.

Two baldies in CM. Looks a good player to be fair.