Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jakupovic? Really?

32 years old and only played about 20 games in the Prem. You say aim higher about defenders but surely that applies with our goalkeeper situation too

He's considerably better than anything we've got, wouldn't cost too much and would be a good short term option which allows us to focus on spending big in other areas of the pitch.

But yes, we probably should be aiming for better.

Im really not sure about Maguire, he's hit decent form this season, but hes been bang average for Hull for the majority

He's been their best player ever since he broke into the side.

This season aye?

But this is his first season thats hes had regular first team football for Hull

He only started 22 league games for them the season before in the championship

Guest chopey

I think if we sign a CB it needs to be one in the £15-20m bracket who is completely proven and clearly better than out top three. I like Maguire but not sure he's the man.

We know who you mean

Well he's been brilliant in 2017 for a pretty average team which is why people want him. Looks like he's finally reaching his potential and his pace would fit in well here

Why do so many want Joshua King? Take away 2017 and he have 15 goals in 150 games or something. Cisse mk2.

Been a part-time player until recently hasn't he? Think he played mostly on the wing for Blackburn as well.

Why do so many want Joshua King? Take away 2017 and he have 15 goals in 150 games or something. Cisse mk2.

He's not an out and out striker, nowt like Cisse. Would suit Rafas number 10 position beautifully.

Been a part-time player until recently hasn't he? Think he played mostly on the wing for Blackburn as well.

True. Mainly used as a winger and even as a number 10 up until now in Bournemouth. Has developed tremedously this season and really blossomed after he got the chance as their main striker. That said - I'm not really sure if he would be a good investment right now. Seems to thrive under Eddie Howe and needs to build on what he has done this spring. A move might be disruptive

Didn't King turn us down to join Blackburn?

Wasn't that that cunt Junior Toilet who's now tearing it up at the mighty Cardiff under Colin Wanker?

Na, it was certainly him. 2012 ish under Pardew.

Found this, http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/8133382/newcastle-united-linked-with-transfer-bid-for-manchester-uniteds-joshua-king

couple of sources saying we we're looking in to him, but remember that BR ITK saying he turned us down before BR finalised the deal.

Maguire & Robertson would be a good start.

Haven't Hull let in the most goals in the Premier League?

Not as many as Clark and Villa last season.

And Clark has only played well in The Championship.

Defence is completely a team effort, because their team record isn't great doesn't mean they are not individually good players. ( i don't know either way) If there's one thing Rafa excells at it would be putting a team together which is organised and make them defend at a high level.

I can actually comment on most of his career funnily enough. :lol: My other half is from the same canton in Switzerland as him and he played for the same youth teams as relatively close friends. He's basically a local celebrity so his career was always followed closely. He also played for Lokomotiv Moscow who a good friend supports and he never established himself as first choice there.

He's basically been a journeyman for most of his career, and was 2nd and 3rd choice at Hull until this season. Although he was highly rated as a young kid in the Swiss set-up way back.