Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The current England goalkeeper would be a fantastic signing for a newly-promoted club! I don't get how people are turning their noses up at him as he's far better than what we currently have (Woodman excluded!)!

"Indeed the club have made inquiries about several players, most recently including Hull City’s Kamil Grosicki and Tom Huddlestone, Arsenal’s Calum Chambers and Kieran Gibbs, Burnley’s Andre Gray, Villarreal’s Cédric Bakambu and Manchester City’s Joe Hart."

from that Guardian article.

He's much better than what we have, obviously. I don't think anyone's disputing that.

Burnley fans dont seem to rate him that highly mind

I only think hes slightly better than Gayle, possibly on par

Guest chopey

22m bid for Bakumbu, from West Ham, already rejected. Waiting for the obligatory "NUFC aren't interested" tweet from "Lethal" Lee Ryder.

Cant see any harm in Ashley putting a £15 million bid in between chasers.

"Indeed the club have made inquiries about several players, most recently including Hull City’s Kamil Grosicki and Tom Huddlestone, Arsenal’s Calum Chambers and Kieran Gibbs, Burnley’s Andre Gray, Villarreal’s Cédric Bakambu and Manchester City’s Joe Hart."

I'd be fine with Huddlestone being a pure squad option for Shelvey (and someone who can add competition). He can't hack full seasons and/or lots of games, but he's decent enough to come off the bench and play the odd game. A 5th choice CM, ideally.

Bakambu aside because I don't know enough about him to comment (he doesn't seem an out-and-out striker?); Hart, Gibbs & Grosicki would definitely improve our XI, with Chambers and Gray arguably better than what we have there now.

We could use all of them and we'd still be woefully short in the midfield.

Advanced in two other deals according to Douglas:

https://mobile.twitter.com/The_Looney_Toon/status/882133267469783041/photo/1

If true, most likely one will be that Samaris guy, and maybe Grosicki?

Can't profess to knowing much about both but they don't exactly set the pulse racing. We shall see.

Agreed, I am probably completely wrong, but there seems to have been more speculation over them two than most others, Samaris in particular.