Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I do find it a little funny that when a negative article comes out people tend to believe it, but when a positive one comes out people are quick to dismiss it. At the end of the day, no fucker has a clue whats going on, and until something concrete happens I don't know why people get wound up over that sort of stuff.

If you didn't know any better, you could be forgiven for thinking we're preparing for the Championship. The club needs to stop making excuses and get their arses in gear. We're playing Premier League teams in a few weeks.

christ almighty  :lol:

go on?

I do find it a little funny that when a negative article comes out people tend to believe it, but when a positive one comes out people are quick to dismiss it. At the end of the day, no fucker has a clue whats going on, and until something concrete happens I don't know why people get wound up over that sort of stuff.

Probably because we're used to a decade of Mike Ashley. Understandable IMO.

If you didn't know any better, you could be forgiven for thinking we're preparing for the Championship. The club needs to stop making excuses and get their arses in gear. We're playing Premier League teams in a few weeks.

go on?

you've presumably just read a story confirming the difficulties we know we face in the market this summer then followed it up with a just get on with it post

right out of the 'just leave now' brexit playbook - STOP MAKING EXCUSES AND LEAVE!!

Virtually all of them when you set them against Rafa's ambitions, to be honest. He must be seething.

oh and i find this whole thing terribly boring - yeah sure rafa will have ambitions but he's also smart enough to know he's not going to realise them overnight with us or he'd never have agreed to come/stay

i can see him being seething if they've agreed to spend £80m on players and he only gets £40m worth in the end, absolutely, but he'll be astute enough to see what's happened to the market and what that will have done to our budget and plans

I can tell you now that Rafa will absolutely not tolerate a scrappy relegation battle. He's above that and so should we be, even in our first season back. To avoid that, we need more than one or two players of genuine and proven top level quality.

Virtually all of them when you set them against Rafa's ambitions, to be honest. He must be seething.

oh and i find this whole thing terribly boring - yeah sure rafa will have ambitions but he's also smart enough to know he's not going to realise them overnight with us or he'd never have agreed to come/stay

i can see him being seething if they've agreed to spend £80m on players and he only gets £40m worth in the end, absolutely, but he'll be astute enough to see what's happened to the market and what that will have done to our budget and plans

I can tell you now that Rafa will absolutely not tolerate a scrappy relegation battle. He's above that and so should we be, even in our first season back. To avoid that, we need more than one or two players of genuine and proven top level quality.

:thup:

Huddersfield earned even less than us I presume and it hasn't stopped them

As I've mentioned with Figures, I'm sure if the players they bought were our market then we'd have spent that too. I could imagine this place if we'd spent £40m on what they've paid for.

I wish I supported Huddersfield  :'(

It's not that outrageous a comment tbh, £10m a pop is going to get you championship players in England.

I'll consider myself told then [emoji38]

Guest Howaythetoon

If we break our transfer record on a 28 year old Greek then I think Rafa really has won the war on transfers if you like. I know nothing of the player, but if it happened and at that price range I'm all for it as again, it suggests Rafa is 100% in control and that funds, although not bottomless, exist to an extent beyond the norm at Newcastle.

Personally I feel we need to make a statement in the transfer market, but looking at Rafa's past dealings, that's not really his style. As such I'm not going to wet my knickers just yet. He was similar at Liverpool with only Torres the outstanding high calibre big ticket type purchase. The rest were unknowns, decent players or potentials. Its all about the team and not the individual remember with Rafa...

Not really understanding why would we would even consider paying that much for Samaris

Just seen he's only got two years left on his contract so I'm starting to think the price is probably going to be less than what the papers are saying.

Not really understanding why would we would even consider paying that much for Samaris

Just seen he's only got two years left on his contract so I'm starting to think the price is probably going to be less than what the papers are saying.

I should hope so

Especially when Lucas is apparently available for 5m

Portuguese press saying you guys are serious about Samaris.

TBF, these are good news to me. I don't like the guy and he's usually not on the starting eleven. He's slow to decide overall and his timings on the ball are usually off, which often results in yellow cards that could be easily avoided.

Transmits no security to the team whatsoever.

Besides, for 15M~20M? Great deal for us.

I think we should look foor players in the spanish league as thoose players are alot cheaper than the brittish.

With Rafas knowledge and conections in spain I hope we could find some bargains and up and coming players there.

Than we should go after brittish players next summer when we have more TV-money avalible.

On Traore, not seen him play at all but is his end product really as bad as people say? Just been looking at his stats for Barca B, and he got plenty of assists in La Liga 2. Could part of the reason for his poor record be that he was playing for Boro who were offensively none existent last season? Given he was 21 and it was effectively his first season in the league, based on his La Liga record I'd say he'd be worth a punt as a backup for Ritchie. Especially if it was a straight swap with Darlow, who as it stands is possibly our fourth choice keeper even if we don't sign anyone.

- The budget is around £70m, although it's not made clear if that is including any sums brought in through sales.

- NUFC willing to listen to offers for players like Darlow, to increase transfer funds

Can't even follow his own information.

Are you a bit special?

It doesn't specify if the £70m is including the sale of the fringe players like Darlow, or if the sales would increase the £70m.

Any sale would increase transfer funds, although if the starting budget is £40m + a proposed £30m in sales (and the Darlow sale is extra/not budgeted for), its a lot different from £70m + sales.

If the £70M budget is dependant on sales then we don't have a £70M budget at all.

Samaris or Mccarthy? I'd personally go for the younger player with prem experience. Hope we make the right decision as it's a key transfer.

Saying that just seen Everton want £25m for him ffs.