Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aye, the way I read that is Liverpool want him to play regularly and we wont offer that.

Make you wonder why we want him in the first place if he's no better than what we've got.

Aye, the way I read that is Liverpool want him to play regularly and we wont offer that.

Make you wonder why we want him in the first place if he's no better than what we've got.

May I offer the outrageous option that the press is mostly full of shit.

Squad depth?

At the moment our wingers are Ritchie, Atsu and Aarons. 2 which prefer playing on the right and the other is a crock. Assume Gouffran has gone

Squad depth?

At the moment our wingers are Ritchie, Atsu and Aarons. 2 which prefer playing on the right and the other is a crock. Assume Gouffran has gone

Sounds like we could really use a first choice left winger to me. In which case our interest in Ojo probably was lukewarm at best.

He'd be a great signing. There was something during the season that he was someone Benitez was looking at had we stayed up last season.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-january-transfer-window-12147905

It is a sad fact of recruitment that many of the best-laid plans never come to fruition. Had Newcastle stayed in the Premier League this summer they were lining up a move for Islam Slimani, the Sporting striker who eventually moved to Leicester in a deal worth an estimated £28million.

PFM Shakespeare desperate to get rid of mincy forrins who wont play with passion.

That rumour is a load of bollocks though. Leicester signed him for £30m last season, no way we'd offer anywhere near enough to get him.

I don't know if the rumour is a load of bollocks or not, but he didn't have a great season at Leicester did he? You could imagine there's a deal to be done if we had any real interest.

That rumour is a load of bollocks though. Leicester signed him for £30m last season, no way we'd offer anywhere near enough to get him.

this seems like another area of transfers in which we need to adjust like, other clubs aren't quite as desperate to wring every last penny out of sales when it comes at the risk of impacting their own plans

Foxes are in for Iheanacho ain't they?

Supposedly yes. I thought £25m for Iheanacho was a reasonable fee for a young striker in today's market but then apparently his goals record isn't that impressive. Maybe I just saw the games where he scored coming off the bench.

It's impressive, because with so few minutes you have to look at how goals to minute ratio more than anything else and last time i checked it was very good. I still feel like his game time has too small a sample size to actually take anything from though.

Would rather we gave Mitro the chance than Slimani

Mitro's pretty much out scored him in the PL with a much worse team

Mitrovic is absolute fucking garbage man. The sooner people accept that the better. The guy hasn't the slightest clue how to be a striker

Slimani is basically 1 in 2 for goals per 90 minutes in the PL last season tbf

Mitrovic is absolute fucking garbage man. The sooner people accept that the better. The guy hasn't the slightest clue how to be a striker

9 goals in 30 starts in his first premier league season, thats not garbage at all.

We could do better but hes definitely got something. He is young though and needs to improve.