Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Manchester United have signed striker Romelu Lukaku from Everton for a whopping £75million, in a deal in which Newcastle United fans can learn a lot from.

Yeah, pipe down bedwetters.

For what it's worth I think there's more to it.

Having extra investment (or a partial buy out, or even a full takeover) would never happen in the short space of time since those reports surfaced. There was serious interest reported.

Most on here don't know the ins and outs of m & a's but the first thing to happen is an NDA signed by all parties. That means nothing can be talked about, leaked etc..

If someone is serious about investing and doesn't want to hold up business operations, a letter of intent would be signed. This is not legally binding though. Then due diligence would begin.

This bit is key. No major decisions can be made while this is happening.

We did indeed sign LeJeune but we may have had a previous agreement that the agreed transfer had to complete by a certain point or they would back out.

The point is, whatever the final offer is after due diligence could vary greatly from the figure mentioned in the letter of intent.

If it's investment. This could be difference between signing a bunch of Murphy's or players of the Samaris and Carvalho standard.

Merely speculating but it's the same press who are reporting that Rafa is unhappy that reported on the Chinese investment. Why trust one story and not the other?

while i'm obviously not saying you're right this scenario would explain a lot aye

It's the only explanation that makes sense (if anything makes sense in ashley owned era).

Tend to agree. Even by Ashley's standards meeting Rafa 2 months ago and coming to an agreement then purposefully going out of his way to renege on that agreement seems a stretch to me.

Either there's something in this theory or they've shat their pants at the prices in the market big time and are trying to adjust.

Imo.

It would explain why no incoming player has his own thread, that's when I know it's serious. Also Rafa hasn't said a word this pre season is he patiently waiting for new investment?

Having extra investment (or a partial buy out, or even a full takeover) would never happen in the short space of time since those reports surfaced. There was serious interest reported.

Most on here don't know the ins and outs of m & a's but the first thing to happen is an NDA signed by all parties. That means nothing can be talked about, leaked etc..

If someone is serious about investing and doesn't want to hold up business operations, a letter of intent would be signed. This is not legally binding though. Then due diligence would begin.

We did indeed sign LeJeune but we may have had a previous agreement that the agreed transfer had to complete by a certain point or they would back out.

The point is, whatever the final offer is after due diligence could vary greatly from the figure mentioned in the letter of intent.

If it's investment. This could be difference between signing a bunch of Murphy's or players of the Samaris and Carvalho standard.

Merely speculating but it's the same press who are reporting that Rafa is unhappy that reported on the Chinese investment. Why trust one story and not the other?

while i'm obviously not saying you're right this scenario would explain a lot aye

It's the only explanation that makes sense (if anything makes sense in ashley owned era).

Tend to agree. Even by Ashley's standards meeting Rafa 2 months ago and coming to an agreement then purposefully going out of his way to renege on that agreement seems a stretch to me.

Either there's something in this theory or they've shat their pants at the prices in the market big time and are trying to adjust.

Imo.

It would explain why no incoming player has his own thread, that's when I know it's serious. Also Rafa hasn't said a word this pre season is he patiently waiting for new investment?

Might be all shite, probably is, I'm more inclined towards the second option if I'm honest.

Then surely Rafa wouldn't be getting frustrated, and more importantly the stories about his future wouldn't keep surfacing because it seems clear to me that he is the one leaking this to the media to put pressure on the club.

There will be a lot of journo's who typically like to wind up Toon fans because they know we bite.. but we're dallying as a club and risk getting left even further behind.

Also Mike Ashley has previous when it comes to feigning selling the club.

It could also be this Barnes bloke just hasnt got a clue when it comes to negotiating deals for players if it is indeed left to him.

I'd not get my hopes up that the reason we're not doing deals is because we're at a stand-still due to a takeover or cash investment and a quiet period during some heavy due diligence. The far too obvious answer is we're being tight as fuck with the money and Lee is having difficulty getting these deals done with that fixer fella also breathing down on him.

Again, one of those things I'd rather be wrong and some investment comes in and the unnecessary road blocks are moved.

These guys are guilt until proven innocent in my mind, and will be until Ashley fucks off.

Newcastle only need look at rivals Sunderland to see the damage that paying too much on players can do.

Silly transfer fees and ridiculous wages have left Sunderland in huge debt due to being unable to move players on.

That came to a head last season, with not enough money in the pot for David Moyes to sign the players the Black Cats needed to survive.

Need to be careful we don't do a Leeds Sunderland. Another excellent analogy.

Not sure who Craig Johns is, but he's written an absolutely mental piece on the Chronicle saying that our patience can pay off, as proven by (and I'm not making this up) Lukaku's move to Man United. :mackems:

After Ryder and Waugh there seems to be a little team of folk that are tasked with writing any old waffle for the website. There's a continuing stream of some absolute guff nowadays.

Newcastle only need look at rivals Sunderland to see the damage that paying too much on players can do.

Silly transfer fees and ridiculous wages have left Sunderland in huge debt due to being unable to move players on.

That came to a head last season, with not enough money in the pot for David Moyes to sign the players the Black Cats needed to survive.

Need to be careful we don't do a Leeds Sunderland. Another excellent analogy.

Take inspiration from Man Utd's £75m signing whilst cautiously avoiding those bloody purchases. Mint.

Rumour re Ndiaye (26), to us or West Ham. He plays attacking (mainly),  defensive (25% of time) and centre mid (occasionally) for Osmanlispor.  Whoscored.com list his strengths as dribbling and tackling, scored 7 goals, plus few assists. Rated 12 best (all positions) in Turkish league on their stats system (7.2/10 average rating); which if it means anything is probably better than it sounds given he plays for a poor side. Seems an all rounder, but hardly a signing (if it happens) that will get pulses racing.