Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Didn't the local journos seem fairly convinced that 2 deals were on the cards this week, something about a midfielder/winger from Spain and someone else? Unless the club is somehow managing to keep them really quiet, it doesn't seem like anything is even remotely close to happening, apart from us putting in a pathetic bid for Murphy. What the fuck is going on? Darlow aside, there aren't even any strong rumours about outgoing deals despite the squad being bloated with players surplus to requirements. It just seems that everything has ground to a complete halt when we should have already had about 3 in with the prospect of a few more to come by now.

It is quite worrying that we were linked with better players last time we were in the Prem, with the likes of Schteeeeve and No More Goals at the helm.

Bedwetting or not, I'm worried. Fair enough, I get that we're not going to pay £50m for Sigurdsson...but not even bidding for iheanacho for half that or refusing to pay an extra 26p for a player with potential like Murphy is a fucking joke

We needed 5 signings to walk into our first 11 at the end of the season (CB, CM, LW, CAM, FOR), as well as another 3 or 4 as squad players to make sure our squad had enough about it to survive.

The fact that we've made 1 signing for each is a massive concern and makes relegation a real possibility.

It is quite worrying that we were linked with better players last time we were in the Prem, with the likes of Schteeeeve and No More Goals at the helm.

Bedwetting or not, I'm worried. Fair enough, I get that we're not going to pay £50m for Sigurdsson...but not even bidding for iheanacho for half that or refusing to pay an extra 26p for a player with potential like Murphy is a f***ing joke

Financially we were on a level playing field though. Relegation and not being part of the first season's big TV money has set us back hugely. Don't care if we did make a profit in the transfer window last year it's still nowhere near what we'd have gained had we stayed up. If we'd stayed up I've no doubt we'd be for these £18-25m bracket players now and pushing top 8. We should still be paying the extra few million here and there to wrap up the likes of Murphy but it's no surprise the likes of Leicester and the rest who've been on the Sky gravy train for that season are outspending us.

Bedwetting or not, I'm worried. Fair enough, I get that we're not going to pay £50m for Sigurdsson...but not even bidding for iheanacho for half that or refusing to pay an extra 26p for a player with potential like Murphy is a f***ing joke

Financially we were on a level playing field though. Relegation and not being part of the first season's big TV money has set us back hugely. Don't care if we did make a profit in the transfer window last year it's still nowhere near what we'd have gained had we stayed up. If we'd stayed up I've no doubt we'd be for these £18-25m bracket players now and pushing top 8. We should still be paying the extra few million here and there to wrap up the likes of Murphy but it's no surprise the likes of Leicester and the rest who've been on the Sky gravy train for that season are outspending us.

:thup: We really did choose the worst time to get relegated.

Gotta be said as well how completely clueless the local press have been. They were full of 'bring on the rafalution' after the season ended and yet as soon as the stories of Rafa's discontent come out the have been totally silent, re-hashing any old story and latching on to any transfer rumour. They are shitting themselves.

Don't care if the market is difficult, its been an embarrassing transfer window thus far and we are assuring ourselves of another relegation battle.

:thup: We really did choose the worst time to get relegated.

Might have had something to do with choosing to hire shit managers.

When we reportedly refused to pay the sweeteners to the assorted family and hangers-on Tammy Abraham wanted, there wasn't much disagreement on here with the club's decision. However, it was "only" a million and maybe clubs just have to suck that up now. Presumably Swansea went and paid it, and I guess we'll have to put up with similar demands if we want to get other deals done. Look at the huge fees that accompanied the Pogba and Lukaku transfers.

Two days until preseason matches start and a month until the Premier League season starts. Need to get a move on if we intend to bring in first teamers and get them well integrated with our systems and existing players.

You're only talking about players in this country though. Buying a Sigurdsson from Europe isn't going to cost us £50m.

It's a great excuse for Ashley, and a great excuse for those fans who have had their expectations downplayed, but there's far more to it than an over-inflated market.

Mildly concerning that the merry-go-round seems to have got moving over the last couple of days and we're being linked with nee fucker.

If we're in the same position in a fortnight I'll begin fearing the worst.

This is by no means a dig at you, I'm honestly using your post as an example, but has anyone come up with a date where we are actually allowed to fear the worst? Based on the last 10 years, I'm there now.

Mildly concerning that the merry-go-round seems to have got moving over the last couple of days and we're being linked with nee f***er.

It's fine, the real stuff doesn't start happening until July, that's when the English leagues start by default on FM, Charnley's done his research.

Oh wait..

Mildly concerning that the merry-go-round seems to have got moving over the last couple of days and we're being linked with nee fucker.

This is by no means a dig at you, I'm honestly using your post as an example, but has anyone come up with a date where we are actually allowed to fear the worst? Based on the last 10 years, I'm there now.

The date is dependent on where you sit on the 'happy clapper - manic depressive' fan spectrum.

The date is dependent on where you sit on the 'happy clapper - manic depressive' fan spectrum.

Manic depressive works for me :)

Mildly concerning that the merry-go-round seems to have got moving over the last couple of days and we're being linked with nee f***er.

Always fear the worst under Ashley. But I don't personally think Rafa'll contemplate leaving, but as Dave said, we need to get a fucking move on right now.