Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest taps01

Rolan and Manquillo signing would be a big vote of confidence for both Gayle and Yedlin as guaranteed first teamers IMO. As I'd see those two as young backups that Rafa could further develop, though they have had decent experience. Both did really well as under 21 international players too, and so have some pedigree.

Is Rolan an out and out striker or can he play wide as well?

They used him out wide at times, but don't think he really fits there. His best play at Bordeux was through the middle and getting in behind as a striker.

It's similar to how our very own Gayle was put out wide at times, due to his smaller stature, but is not really suited there at all. Their both smaller strikers that are poachers IMO.

For all the valid worry, we haven't signed any poor players for a while. This window is moving very slowly and we haven't made any big splashes, but we've signed a couple of good players. Other players coming in will have to meet that standard, I don't expect us to take any punts on people because they're cheap etc.

For all the valid worry, we haven't signed any poor players for a while. This window is moving very slowly and we haven't made any big splashes, but we've signed a couple of good players. Other players coming in will have to meet that standard, I don't expect us to take any punts on people because they're cheap etc.

I would expect "squad filler" to be replaced by squad filler. i.e. riviere going and rolan coming in never going to all be high quality but good enough to reply on to do a job when called upon which is certainly better than some of our less desireable fringe players.

Guest neesy111

Sels and Lazaar were both poor buys.

This summer has been so fucking boring.

Speak for yourself, I got a blozzer in the garden last Tuesday.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Blozzer is a blowjob, right? If so, nice.

The Gibbs one is the real head scratcher. Struggle to see where we'd get a better left back with our seemingly shrinking budget.

I think it's the budget that's the problem. I can see Rafa sticking with what he's got at full back in order to get the players he wants in in what he considers more important areas. Manquillo would make sense from that POV unless he really is shit.

Not sure if a loan move would be a good move from our point of view really. Loan with an option to buy perhaps, but I'm not a great fan of improving other teams players and sending them back, which is all Liverpool seem interested in.