Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Clucas seems like a replacement for Gouffran (hopefully Colback). Hard working, rafa type player for tighter games. Nice he might be able to fit in through the middle. Not a pulse setter but would be a solid squad player.

Clucas seems like a replacement for Gouffran (hopefully Colback). Hard working, rafa type player for tighter games. Nice he might be able to fit in through the middle. Not a pulse setter but would be a solid squad player.

Never seen him but watched this, so you can see where he's come from

Very cool story. That Glenn Hoddle academy is a pretty cool thing man. Is it still going?

Anyway I know Rafa talked a lot about character and guys that have been tested, and he would definitely fit the bill in that regard. Kid did a great job to make something of himself and rise so quickly. Very impressive.

Clucas looks like a good lad to have around. An upgrade on both Gouff and Colback in the positions they played.

For the big picture, the hope has to be that we are presently filling out the squad but are holding funds back to break our transfer record at least once closer to the transfer deadline when selling clubs become more willing to negotiate. There are players out there who will almost certainly change clubs, it's only a matter of the fee and/or player demands falling to more realistic levels. The fear is that we the fans are just being strung along again.

Would love Gini back here.

:puke:

Like him or not, Gini would be the best player at the club by an absolute mile whether in the number 10 role behind Gayle, or as one of the two in the centre. We'll get no-one near as good as him.

He was absolutely horrible in midfield for us when played there. As a 10 he never wants the ball to his feet which is a massive issue as well. So in short he wouldn't be the best player at the club by a mile

Like him or not, Gini would be the best player at the club by an absolute mile whether in the number 10 role behind Gayle, or as one of the two in the centre. We'll get no-one near as good as him.

He was absolutely horrible in midfield for us when played there. As a 10 he never wants the ball to his feet which is a massive issue as well. So in short he wouldn't be the best player at the club by a mile

I thought he was quite good at holding players off to begin with. I think he just got sick of playing for a struggling team by the second half of the season. He's got loads of ability, but his attitude is questionable.

I thought he was quite good at holding players off to begin with. I think he just got sick of playing for a struggling team by the second half of the season. He's got loads of ability, but his attitude is questionable.

He is good at holding players off. That's only one attribute though

He's a midfielder anyway, not sure which attribute you were looking for as a #10, but that's not his position.

He's a midfielder anyway, not sure which attribute you were looking for as a #10, but that's not his position.

He was shit in midfield for us. He's good in a 3 in a good side. That's about it

He was shit in midfield for us. He's good in a 3 in a good side. That's about it

Gini while invisible at times was our best player when we went down, and you could quite easily see he had class. Liverpool fans I know have also said that he was one of there best players last season as well.

Gini while invisible at times was our best player when we went down, and you could quite easily see he had class. Liverpool fans I know have also said that he was one of there best players last season as well.

So good Rafa dropped him for the most important games of the season. He was absolutely shit i.e. invisible 70% of the time at least. Doing well at Liverpool won't change that

Sounds quite similar to McCarthy but about £20m cheaper.

Nah McCarthy is actually a very good midfielder defensively. He tends to hide when his team is in possession though, never seems to want a pass, even though he is decent technically so perhaps that could be worked on. Clucas from what I saw wasn't great defensively but was always making himself an option for a pass off the ball

Eamonn Dunphy in the Irish media called him a waste of space and all but suggested he'd conspired to get his manager (Martinez) sacked.

Even if there's a snippet of truth in that I'd stay well clear

Sounds quite similar to McCarthy but about £20m cheaper.

Nah McCarthy is actually a very good midfielder defensively. He tends to hide when his team is in possession though, never seems to want a pass, even though he is decent technically so perhaps that could be worked on. Clucas from what I saw wasn't great defensively but was always making himself an option for a pass off the ball

Eamonn Dunphy in the Irish media called him a waste of space and all but suggested he'd conspired to get his manager (Martinez) sacked.

Even if there's a snippet of truth in that I'd stay well clear

Eamonn Dunphy makes a living from talking and writing shit [emoji38] I absolutely love him but he really doesn't have a clue. Martinez loved McCarthy

In theory, in reality in our relegation season there was a reason people couldn't stand the lad, he was anonymous most of the time and that's not what we need.