Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Have never heard of this Nico-Fico Argie-lad before but if Rafa rates him I trust him on that.

Even though I think Mbemba have done a good job on the left we really need a left footed (hope he is) defender at LB.

Tagliafico for left back and Jovetic for AM would make this an acceptable window. Then I think we have a decent squad for all positions except goalie.

Im still hoping for 4 signings.

GK

LB

CM

STRIKER

All should top class, CM could be a young squad player

Tagliafico for left back and Jovetic for AM would make this an acceptable window. Then I think we have a decent squad for all positions except goalie.

Im still hoping for 4 signings.

GK

LB

CM

STRIKER

All should top class, CM could be a young squad player

Keep hoping.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-considering-move-left-13535999?

Speaking on transfers after the 3-0 win over West Ham, Benitez said: “We will try and bring in players that will give us something different.

“We will try to bring players in the positions we need and bring in the characters we need.”

The Chronicle were first to report on United’s pursuit of a new left-back on August 23 and the club’s board are now looking to satisfy the demands of Rafa Benitez in the next few days.

Jovetic is class but during the Man City era he failed to adapt to EPL and thus flopped back to Series A.  I hope this gamble pays off.

Didn't he get injured straight away?

Not really, I think we really want to sign him due to following reasons:

1.  We are able to clear out Rivière and de Jong and that should allow us to sign one more 1xM range player, and

2.  The rumour circulated in media for this summer is surprisingly accurate.  The likes of Abraham Caballero etc all turns out to be correct. 

The major stumbling block now, imo,  is whether we can offer attractive enough salaries to get him here.