Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/641410/transfer-news-live-Liverpool-Arsenal-Chelsea-Man-Utd-deadline-day-gossip-done-deals

12.10pm: IAN MURTAGH ON NEWCASTLE

This is not the news Newcastle fans want to hear but there is now a distinct possibility that no-one comes in today.

Despite Rafa Benitez himself contacting Southampton about Matt Targett's availability, the financial terms are unlikely to suit the Magpies.

Arsenal striker Lucas Perez remains on Benitez' radar but is still hoping to join Deportivo La Coruna.

Newcastle had been confident of sealing a season-long loan deal for Kenedy but it's looking as if Antonio Conte won't allow him to leave Stamford Bridge.

I'm told there are still a couple of names Toon managing director Lee Charnley is working on but at this stage, they remain long shots.

One bit of good news. The club are insisting Dwight Gayle won't be leaving without a suitable replacement being lined up.

Yep, its...

hqdefault.jpg

Oh, so NOW there's a distinct possibility that no-one comes in today.

I love deadline day, me, load of people getting paid money to report on nowt and loads more lapping it up.

We've had since April to get this squad ready for the PL and to see a net spend of about £20m is fucking pathetic, it's dismal. It's a single average player. It's disgraceful and I wouldn't blame Rafa one iota if he walked tonight.

We've had since April to get this squad ready for the PL and to see a net spend of about £20m is f***ing pathetic, it's dismal. It's a single average player. It's disgraceful and I wouldn't blame Rafa one iota if he walked tonight.

Yep.