Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Adam Armstrong being recalled from loan deal at Bolton "will be like a new signing"

That's about as much as we can hope for.

Apparently close to switching to Blackburn Rovers.

Probably a better level for him. He did play in the Cov side at that level that back then had Jacob Murphy along side him. Murphy was given a chance the following season after impressing on loan with then parent side Norwich. Armstrong even after 20 goals couldnt even feature in our championship side. And now Murphy has stepped up another league.

:lol:

People should remember though that it takes more than a serious buyer to complete this deal. We’ve been here before a few times, only to one day wake up to:

“I have withdrawn Newcastle United from the market, and for me 2009 will be the year in which we drive the Club forward together. Even when I haven’t been at games I have remained a keen supporter, kicking and heading every ball and cheering the team on TV and being the first to congratulate Joe whenever there’s a good result.

“When I took the decision to put the Club up for sale in September I made a point of saying two things were very important.

“Firstly, any potential buyer would have to show they had the best interests of Newcastle United at heart and had both the commitment and finance to be worthy custodians of such a fine football club before I would even consider doing a deal.

“And secondly, I gave you my word that as long as I remain owner, this Club would continue to be run responsibly at all levels. I hope you will accept that I have stood by that pledge.”

And

”As you know, Mike made it clear after the end of last season that he was trying to sell the club and although there were a number of interested parties, none of them were able to match the £100million asking price.

“As a result, Mike decided that the best course of action, one that would put the welfare of the club at the top of the agenda, would be to remove the club from the market and concentrate solely on the aim that everyone connected with the club passionately desires – promotion straight back to the Premier League.

“His commitment is unwavering and the additional large sums of money he has recently pumped into the club amply demonstrate that.

“I would urge all supporters of this truly great football club to come together, get behind the team and, whatever grievances you may or may not have, put them to one side for the benefit of seeing Newcastle United regain their position in the elite of English football.

“When this stadium is packed and in full voice, there is nowhere quite like it, and if we can stay positive and get right behind Chris and the players, then hopefully we can stay at the top of the Championship and win promotion at the first attempt.

“Mike and myself are here to do our absolute best for Newcastle United and with you on board, we fervently believe we can deliver a successful football club for you to take pride and joy in.”

:lol:

People should remember though that it takes more than a serious buyer to complete this deal. We’ve been here before a few times, only to one day wake up to:

“I have withdrawn Newcastle United from the market, and for me 2009 will be the year in which we drive the Club forward together. Even when I haven’t been at games I have remained a keen supporter, kicking and heading every ball and cheering the team on TV and being the first to congratulate Joe whenever there’s a good result.

“When I took the decision to put the Club up for sale in September I made a point of saying two things were very important.

“Firstly, any potential buyer would have to show they had the best interests of Newcastle United at heart and had both the commitment and finance to be worthy custodians of such a fine football club before I would even consider doing a deal.

“And secondly, I gave you my word that as long as I remain owner, this Club would continue to be run responsibly at all levels. I hope you will accept that I have stood by that pledge.”

And

”As you know, Mike made it clear after the end of last season that he was trying to sell the club and although there were a number of interested parties, none of them were able to match the £100million asking price.

“As a result, Mike decided that the best course of action, one that would put the welfare of the club at the top of the agenda, would be to remove the club from the market and concentrate solely on the aim that everyone connected with the club passionately desires – promotion straight back to the Premier League.

“His commitment is unwavering and the additional large sums of money he has recently pumped into the club amply demonstrate that.

“I would urge all supporters of this truly great football club to come together, get behind the team and, whatever grievances you may or may not have, put them to one side for the benefit of seeing Newcastle United regain their position in the elite of English football.

“When this stadium is packed and in full voice, there is nowhere quite like it, and if we can stay positive and get right behind Chris and the players, then hopefully we can stay at the top of the Championship and win promotion at the first attempt.

“Mike and myself are here to do our absolute best for Newcastle United and with you on board, we fervently believe we can deliver a successful football club for you to take pride and joy in.”

It's different this time I think, seems that there's far more limelight this time.