Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So let's say that the report is true and we bring in three players. Striker, Number 10, Goalkeeper?

Aye, maybe, aye.

The reasons why number 10 is a maybe for me atm, is because we're creating chances in games. We're 9th in the league in that regard.

Yeah, we're making chances, Perez has started to step up the last month and Atsu showed at West Ham he can do a job there.

So let's say that the report is true and we bring in three players. Striker, Number 10, Goalkeeper?

Aye, maybe, aye.

The reasons why number 10 is a maybe for me atm, is because we're creating chances in games. We're 9th in the league in that regard.

Depends where those chances are coming from i suppose, with how we play i imagine they mostly come from wide positions. Can only help if we have someone who can create through the middle.

I certainly wouldn't be unhappy if we signed a 10, we need upgrades in pretty much every position as it stands, but a striker is needed so much I can't stress it.

I reckon he might go left-back rather than number 10 based on the failed deadline day bid for Targett.

I think he very much wants a left-footed LB/LWB that can move forward and open up the possibility of playing 3/5 at the back and not be totally reliant on the right hand side going forward.

A keeper and left-back transforms the way we play out from the back ten fold.

Probably does, I’m not sure that’s our main problem though.

Anyway, a couple of players with genuine experience and a bit of leadership would make all the difference. Regardless of position.

My preference would be an Reina type GK with a ton of experience and a lot of quality, a true number 10 and a striker that can put away the chances we've been creating on a regular basis. In an ideal world, I would like an upgrade for Ritchie too and and defensive midfielder who can complement one of Merino or Shelvey.

Guest firetotheworks

Striker, 10, 'keeper, left back, another striker imo. Anything beyond that and you may as well replace all of them, which I'm not against.

A keeper and left-back transforms the way we play out from the back ten fold.

Probably does, I’m not sure that’s our main problem though.

Anyway, a couple of players with genuine experience and a bit of leadership would make all the difference. Regardless of position.

I think other than a striker that can actually score goals this is true. The right type of player/character in any other position would make a ton of difference. Could make arguments for AM, winger, CM, LB, and GK. Even CB given the fact an injury to Lascelles could be a death sentence.

Guest firetotheworks

Woah man! Something has happened. Is this (whatever ‘this’ really amounts to) genuine? Would this person know?

Not sure, but it's being reported by the Associated Press and they're as near to as trusted as trusted can be in my experience.

Woah man! Something has happened. Is this (whatever ‘this’ really amounts to) genuine? Would this person know?

Not sure, but it's being reported by the Associated Press and they're as near to as trusted as trusted can be in my experience.

:thup:

Given Ayoze’s recent form, I wouldn’t be too distraught to park the no.10 we’ve all been after since last Jan until the summer splurge (ha!) and focus on a goal scorer who can also hold the ball up. Chuck in a new central mid and a top keeper (perhaps at the end of his career) and job’s a barely adequate one. If we can shift Mitro or Gayle for decent money and perhaps Shelvey (if he’s not part of Rafa’s future team) then we could potentially buy a couple of replacements/improvements (hopefully) for decent money. Bas Dost has 19 in 18 league games for Sporting. :whistle: