Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Still think we should be trying to get Dembele in from Celtic.

We'd have to pay actual money for that to happen.

I know, and it would be a large amount, but I don’t think it would be as large as it would be if we got someone else.

Have you considered signing nobody?

Looking at the calibre of players we are supposedly targeting, it might not be the worst option. Definitely seems to be the one Charnley has been authorised to pursue.

He'd improve us I think, certainly better than our current options.  Fits the 'young with resale value' profile too.  It's doubtful we'd pay anywhere near what Celtic will ask for him though unless we got rid of Gayle and Mitro for a combined £20m and chucked it at them.

Errrmmm

Why dont we just tell everyone we will sign players but dont reveal the budget and then sign nobody, wait for Rafa to keep us up using a championship team and then pocket the TV money.

Guest firetotheworks

'losing out' on Kenedy and some nobody 'keeper, then supposedly sniffing around Gameiro. :lol:

Ashley going for the whole Rob from High Fidelity approach of getting turned down for a dollar and then asking for fifty grand instead. :lol:

I can't comprehend that there isn't a striker in world football at a club who is better than Gayle but not getting a game ahead of the world cup. Throw in a few million to loan and a few months wages.

I mean there obviously is, I can't comprehend that the club and making it a priority to sign one asap.

Guest firetotheworks

That's actually made me feel a bit sick. The man who forced Keegan out, employed Dennis fucking Wise as director of football, employed Joe Kinnear twice, and stuck by Alan Pardew is unimpressed with Rafa's signings.

Just fucking die, you cunt.

That's actually made me feel a bit sick. The man who forced Keegan out, employed Dennis fucking Wise as director of football, employed Joe Kinnear twice, and stuck by Alan Pardew is unimpressed with Rafa's signings.

Just fucking die, you cunt.

Couldn't make it up :lol:

Still think we should be trying to get Dembele in from Celtic.

We'd have to pay actual money for that to happen.

I know, and it would be a large amount, but I don’t think it would be as large as it would be if we got someone else.

Have you considered signing nobody?

Looking at the calibre of players we are supposedly targeting, it might not be the worst option. Definitely seems to be the one Charnley has been authorised to pursue.

He'd improve us I think, certainly better than our current options.  Fits the 'young with resale value' profile too.  It's doubtful we'd pay anywhere near what Celtic will ask for him though unless we got rid of Gayle and Mitro for a combined £20m and chucked it at them.

Errrmmm

Yeah, I just got it :lol:

I was on about Dembele fwiw.

I think Carr did a pretty decent job in hindsight

The issue was never Carr per se. It was the unnecessary structure we put in place and demigod status he has with MA. It was him suggesting players for a moron PFM who would never be able to get a tune out of them effectively. It was us repeatedly buying players that were obviously not going to work or fit in to the club.

Worth remembering that Ashley will only see transfers are numbers on a sheet btw. Selling for less than buying = fail.