Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You think if this is true, Ashley is banking on keeping us up to sell at the end of the season? I can't see why he would sanction transfers now, if he couldn't have just got Staveley to pay for them and sell to her now...

Can only hope the plan is to allow a few signings, and try and secure our top flight status ASAP, still with a view to selling up to PCP (or whoever) once that is achieved, thus removing any possibility of relegation and associated clauses.

Pity its taken so long for the penny to drop with him.  :idiot2:

And that line about Ashley finally accepting Benitez' argument for new players is pretty embarrassing - the fact Benitez has pretty much had to go begging for new players, and he's now allowed up to 3.  :embarrassed:

If true this is good news, I would rather Ashley pocket an extra few million from the sale than we risk our PL lives. It does though signal that no takeover will happen anytime soon. He could however change his policy of buying players outright, and do staggered payments, like evey other club does, he might think he won't be able to increase the asking price by the value of the players. It could be as well of course that these 3 players are all loans.

Guest firetotheworks

I reckon he might go left-back rather than number 10 based on the failed deadline day bid for Targett.

Why would we go for a left back when Paulie D is back? ;)

I reckon he might go left-back rather than number 10 based on the failed deadline day bid for Targett.

With Dummett back i don't think he will, it's about staying up now and i imagine the players he will want will do exactly that.

Basically with KI, think he'll want a striker, no 10 and keeper.

Quite possibly, although Dummett was out for a fairly lengthy period at that point.

So let's say that the report is true and we bring in three players. Striker, Number 10, Goalkeeper?

Aye, maybe, aye.

The reasons why number 10 is a maybe for me atm, is because we're creating chances in games. We're 9th in the league in that regard.

So let's say that the report is true and we bring in three players. Striker, Number 10, Goalkeeper?

Aye, maybe, aye.

The reasons why number 10 is a maybe for me atm, is because we're creating chances in games. We're 9th in the league in that regard.

Depends where those chances are coming from i suppose, with how we play i imagine they mostly come from wide positions. Can only help if we have someone who can create through the middle.