Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I find it almost amusing that a striker who would break our transfer record basically does not narrow it down much at all. It would be for most teams quite exciting news, for us it includes shed loads of journeymen.

Most teams in the league would break their record at £18m+ like, but aye its mental that our record is so relatively low given the size of the club.  Is it still Owen as the record or was Wijnaldum more?

I find it almost amusing that a striker who would break our transfer record basically does not narrow it down much at all. It would be for most teams quite exciting news, for us it includes shed loads of journeymen.

Well not most like, since most teams in the league would break their record at £18-19m, but aye its mental that our record is so relatively low given the size of the club.  Was it Still Owen as the record or was Wijnaldum more?

Owen at £16m. We have probably bid £16m and 1 pound.

Well not most like, since most teams in the league would break their record at £18-19m, but aye its mental that our record is so relatively low given the size of the club.  Was it Still Owen as the record or was Wijnaldum more?

Owen at £16m. We have probably bid £16m and 1 pound.

Probably for Owen again.

Anyone who has seen Kenedy play where do you think Rafa intends to play him?

Apologies for being so vague but somewhere on the left hand side, no idea where. :lol:

Against Norwich he played LW and was really canny, but in most pieces on papers' websites he's described as a LB.

Think Rafa has persuaded Ashley to buy a good striker first before recouping some of the fee in selling mitro or Gayle. Don't think anything else will have really changed just that we can't afford to lose players before we shuffle the pack and he's got the message. We'll maybe. We'll see. :(

Apologies for being so vague but somewhere on the left hand side, no idea where. [emoji38]

Against Norwich he played LW and was really canny, but in most pieces on papers' websites he's described as a LB.

Maybe intends to shift atsu to the right, or maybe he wants the option of an attacking lb for home games or something. That would not surprise me at all tbh.

I've only seen him play once, but given the positions he can apparently play and the fact we already have a few wingers, I think he might be looking to play 5-3-2 a lot more and deploying Kenedy as our left wing back.

If we pay 18m+ for a striker, we will almost certainly recoup 12m+ from selling Gayle or Mitro. Perhaps we will try and sell both and bring Sandro in on loan.

Or maybe we will do fuck all again.

Are Liverpool actually expecting £50m for Sturridge? If so, I guess we're looking at Ings, Deeney, Barnes, someone of that ilk.

I can barely contain myself!!

Surely they must be some £18m foreign strikers that are better than that bag of knackers?!

I've only seen him play once, but given the positions he can apparently play and the fact we already have a few wingers, I think he might be looking to play 5-3-2 a lot more and deploying Kenedy as our left wing back.

Would be interesting to see Yedlin on the right side of that setup. Reckon Dummet would be decent on the left in a back three too