Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Really Rafa? You have confidence in little thumb and fat Mike to get a couple of players in?

you'd think we've seen it all before  :o

Really Rafa? You have confidence in little thumb and fat Mike to get a couple of players in?

you'd think we've seen it all before  :o

Exactly. Absolutely no chance we're signing anyone else.

I suppose Rafa saying what he has about having confidence and how he was given the green light to buy players is his way of putting pressure on them publicly to keep their promises. He's done it before.

Shame they don't care and just ignore him.

Fwiw I’ve been told that we have made 2 bids for Jorgensen and that we have enquired about Slimani who isn’t interested as there may be interest from Chelsea. That may change depending on Dzeko. It was all very downbeat. This comes from someone who works in recruitment at the club.

Rafa is simultaneously trying to put pressure on and covering his arse, just like he's done before. A shame he has to do so but we've already seen how quickly everyone who isn't a Newcastle fan is willing to stick up for Ashley for some unfathomable reason.

#wait

Fwiw I’ve been told that we have made 2 bids for Jorgensen and that we have enquired about Slimani who isn’t interested as there may be interest from Chelsea. That may change depending on Dzeko. It was all very downbeat. This comes from someone who works in recruitment at the club.

The club have a ‘recruitment’ department? Is Lee C the ‘HR Director’?

The club have a ‘recruitment’ department? Is Lee C the ‘HR Director’?

Steve Nickson heads it and I’ve just checked that the bloke I know is working for the club now (his LinkedIn profile backs this up).

Ahh! Steve Nickson. My favourite Newcastle employeee...

12407256_565985036908077_254171728_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTE3MTcxODgwMjI2NTU1MDM4Nw%3D%3D.2

That’s the chap. I did also ask about the takeover (not that he’d know the inside track on that) and he simply laughed. Sounds like an absolute farce.

Still think our biggest problem is the lack of creativity, would rather a top class number 10 brought in than a striker if I absolutely had to choose, but really we should be getting both.

We need a striker who we can rely on to score us goals more than anything. We don’t carry a threat up front.

We're something like 11th in the league for chances created. A finisher is what we need. We had 4 decent chances against Swansea in the first half and took none of them.

We are actually 8th or something. We are also 9th in shots, and 7th in shots on target. So yes, we need a striker.

Yep, in all of our games we’ve created chances, but just haven’t scored.

Even Man Utd away, Murphy had a great chance at 1-0 but missed it. In this league you’ll be punished for it more often whereas we were able to get away with it a lot last season.

Brighton, Everton, Swansea at home - we had some great chances in those games and could easily have won all of them.

Guest firetotheworks

Rafa is simultaneously trying to put pressure on and covering his arse, just like he's done before. A shame he has to do so but we've already seen how quickly everyone who isn't a Newcastle fan is willing to stick up for Ashley for some unfathomable reason.

#wait

:thup:

all the money he promised in the summer - all the players we've offloaded - all the the TV money the slug is making - all the millions of free advertising, down to our arse, in danger of getting relegated again and losing our manager  and one loan signing with 4 days to go  - unbelievable!