Euro 2016 forum

Wullie

We've set up a temporary board just for the Euros to hopefully spread things out a bit more than the inevitable one or two enormous threads with everything in.

Thought the best way to do it to start with was to keep match discussions within the thread of each group. Feel free to start your own threads, obvs.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/board,83.0.html

Commence whinging. I'm off to bed.

Think I'd rather have individual match threads for each game and keep the group threads for discussing injuries and other stuff on the days when those teams aren't playing, rather than have all 6 games in one  Group thread.

Won't start a thread for the opening game though in case people prefer the other option though

Think I'd rather have individual match threads for each game and keep the group threads for discussing injuries and other stuff on the days when those teams aren't playing, rather than have all 6 games in one match Group thread. Won't start a thread for the opening game though in case people prefer the other option though

Be a fucking nightmare to keep updated in the normal fashion.

Think I'd rather have individual match threads for each game and keep the group threads for discussing injuries and other stuff on the days when those teams aren't playing, rather than have all 6 games in one match Group thread. Won't start a thread for the opening game though in case people prefer the other option though

Be a f***ing nightmare to keep updated in the normal fashion.

My suggestion of individual match threads or the one keeping all the games in that specific group thread?

Be a f***ing nightmare to keep updated in the normal fashion.

My suggestion of individual match threads or the one keeping all the games in that specific group thread?

Individual match threads, if you were wanting to keep them uniform in style. Last group games are going to have 2 games on at the same time too. Probably worth doing for England / QF and latter rounds though.

Think I'd rather have individual match threads for each game and keep the group threads for discussing injuries and other stuff on the days when those teams aren't playing, rather than have all 6 games in one  Group thread.

Won't start a thread for the opening game though in case people prefer the other option though

Behold, the worst idea ever suggested in the history of man!

behold_his_mighty_hand_01.jpg

Fair enough :lol:

I'm sure there will be at least 1 admin who's watching the game to be able to keep the thread title updated with the scores, if not the OP could do it. We manage it with pre-season friendlies when there's little coverage of it so I'm sure it will be fine with a huge amount of coverage on these games. Even when there's 2 games on I don't see it being much of a problem like.

Say for example Ireland v Sweden is an absolute classic and Italy v Belgium is a borefest, and you end up not being on the forum until the next day but want to read the reactions about the first game, you're going to have to scroll though a lot of posts about the latter before you get to the Ireland game, rather than just clicking on the match thread

We could just update the group threads titles with details of the games at the time, rather than loads of threads but doubt we'll all be around enough to update for every single game.