Euro 2016 trouble - Russia handed suspended disqualification by UEFA

bowlingcrofty

Update from Craig Lyons on Andrew Bache who is still in a critical condition.

http://s32.postimg.org/tdmwqnm5x/13394049_10153524283956160_7918342905361745127_n.jpg

Finally home after a weekend of mixed emotions.

Some of the scenes I have been witness to this weekend in Marseille have shocked me beyond belief.

Seen so many tweets and posts from so many ill informed and gullible people.

I'm not denying England has many idiots supporting them, home and away, but we were attacked on numerous occasions, and offered no protection whatsoever by the French Police. They seemed intent on just firing tear gas, which effected everyone, not just the few trouble makers, and all it did was spread the crowd into another area and enrage innocent people.

But this was nothing compared to the savage attack from around 3-400 Russian cowardly animals, we witnessed at close quarters and took cover from. They set upon a small section of English fans who minutes earlier were enjoying a sing song with many French fans. We were pelted with bottles, chairs, tables and anything that wasn't bolted down. Any one caught in the way were set upon by 4-5 Russians and beaten severely, including when already unconscious.

I had to plead with and shout at the French Riot Police for at least a minute, for them to perform CPR on a guy who was clearly not breathing, he is still, in a critical condition and I will be very surprised if he survives.

So before you slate and tar all England supporters as hooligans, have a think and see what you would have done, when constantly attacked, provoked with out any support from the hundreds of deployed police?

This Photo was taken an hour or so before the animals arrived.

UPDATE FROM THE INJURED GUYS FAMILY:

The unfortunate guy that had CPR performed on him is in an induced coma, and still fighting. They have set up a just giving page, please see comments for the link, and give generously.

Media enquires to [email protected]

twitter @mrcraiglyons

The Just giving page for the England fan in a coma.

https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/Pepefrompompey

Guest neesy111

Anyone know roughly how many British hooligans that has to hand in their passport for events like this?

Believe it was over 500.

Fuck sake.

The Ruskies really want this don't they...I was thinking about going to the WC in '18 but I'm not sure my chocolate face would be that welcome, let alone my retro England shirt that I need to probably wash

Seems like they've sent that Max Allanazarov out to specifically keep a check on what England and Wales fans are up to.

Translated: The British had bullied over Gypsy children

While it might be a bit degrading, aren't they just throwing them coins? I also find it amusing a Russian of all people is having a swipe for the English and Welsh to pick on gypsies...

I've hoyed coins at kids before when I've been on the drink and they're milling around pestering :lol:

It's pretty clear what the Russian journalists are doing like. they're looking for snaps that show England fans in a bad light (they'll get them) to give reason to the inevitable charge from them mental UFC wannabes, how the fuck does he even know they're gypsies?

I've hoyed coins at kids before when I've been on the drink and they're milling around pestering :lol:

It's pretty clear what the Russian journalists are doing like. they're looking for snaps that show England fans in a bad light (they'll get them) to give reason to the inevitable charge from them mental UFC wannabes, how the f*** does he even know they're gypsies?

Course. They've already tried to imply that there was an attack because the English and Welsh were singing "fuck off Russia" when there's little doubt it was probably the other way round.

Bullying Gypsy children [emoji38]

wat

Bullying Gypsy children [emoji38]

wat

[emoji38] I know. Giving them money. Presumably the Russians would hand it to them nicely - then kick their f***ing faces in.

I've hoyed coins at kids before when I've been on the drink and they're milling around pestering [emoji38]

It's pretty clear what the Russian journalists are doing like. they're looking for snaps that show England fans in a bad light (they'll get them) to give reason to the inevitable charge from them mental UFC wannabes, how the f*** does he even know they're gypsies?

[emoji38]