Euro 2016 trouble - Russia handed suspended disqualification by UEFA

bowlingcrofty

St Petersburg is a few hours drive from me and I was contemplating getting tickets to some WC games there if possible.  I mean I was already apprehensive cause I'm mixed race and.. english.  After this shite though there's no chance :lol:

I don't think it will be quite as bad as people think, in their own back yard. Most of the home fans won't be on a holiday piss up 24/7 the same as if they were abroad.

That doesn't seem to be what they're doing in France though, they seem to have travelled for the purpose of fighting (the ones causing bother, not all Russian fans). Having it in Russia will just make it easier for them to meet up and cause havok, plus they'll know the areas.

It's happening to a degree in France now by the French ULTRAAAAAAZZZ.

Guest neesy111

Wonder if this is one of the reasons for the Euro 2018 format? Less likely for the numpties to set up base in one place if they've got one game in London, then have to go to Rome, Lisbon, etc within a few weeks.

Euro 2020

I don't think it will be quite as bad as people think, in their own back yard. Most of the home fans won't be on a holiday p*ss up 24/7 the same as if they were abroad.

The problem is they're not on a holiday or a piss up, this is what they do all year round (completely sober according to the articles)

Fair points :thup: surprised about them being completely sober mind  :lol:

The English like drinking more, and when they drink they lose quality as fighters and slow down. Our people were more prepared, because of the culture these days,"

Must hurt more when they get smacked in the face. On the upside though: less blood to deal with

Wut

"Now many people are boxers or into mixed martial arts, and Russian hooligans often follow a very healthy way of life, avoiding alcohol which used to be part of the subculture," explains journalist Andrei Malosolov, co-founder of Russia's Fans' Union.

The English like drinking more, and when they drink they lose quality as fighters and slow down. Our people were more prepared, because of the culture these days," he told the BBC, suggesting that the "students" have outgrown their masters.

"Russia and Poland are in top place in the hooligan chart," Andrei Malosolov says. "England has dropped a long way down."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36515283

Drinking in public places banned from 6pm today until 6am Friday in Lens and Lille. Doubt that will change much, just means everybody will cram into the bars and if the Russians want round two they can storm in and out of bars within a matter of minutes - no where to run which could make it worse.

Or by public will they mean bars also not allowed to sell alcohol? Don't know why I assumed it meant outside only.

Guest neesy111

Drinking in public places banned from 6pm today until 6am Friday in Lens and Lille. Doubt that will change much, just means everybody will cram into the bars and if the Russians want round two they can storm in and out of bars within a matter of minutes - no where to run which could make it worse.

Or by public will they mean bars also not allowed to sell alcohol? Don't know why I assumed it meant outside only.

Apparently it is outside only.

Like the Irish proclaiming themselves the best fans in the world because they all sing and dance.

:lol: Shots well and truly fired.

As opposed to getting into fist fights with the opposition? :lol: It's not self proclaimed buddy. Everyone but the English accepts it.

As for the black fella, he seemed to be having a great old time.

Couple of Irish fans helped an elderly couple with a flat tire too. Just legends all round.

Like the Irish proclaiming themselves the best fans in the world because they all sing and dance.

:lol: Shots well and truly fired.

As opposed to getting into fist fights with the opposition? :lol: It's not self proclaimed buddy. Everyone but the English accepts it.

As for the black fella, he seemed to be having a great old time.

Couple of Irish fans helped an elderly couple with a flat tire too. Just legends all round.

:lol:

His comments emerged as it was claimed the Russian hooligans held 'trials' to find their 'best' fighters.

Video showing brawling in secluded woods was said to be an 'audition' for thugs to take part in the Marseilles carnage.

http://dailym.ai/1U6xczt

Erm, do we have a cabal of UFC fighters can we send over please?

His comments emerged as it was claimed the Russian hooligans held 'trials' to find their 'best' fighters.

Video showing brawling in secluded woods was said to be an 'audition' for thugs to take part in the Marseilles carnage.

Ronaldo will be enough.

Ronaldo will be enough.

Where has Ronaldo gone?

There's gonna be hell on, on Thursday - but unlikely to be inside the ground. UEFA have their get out there for not chucking Russia out.

It's all bad craic and I believe it centres around the rise of the far right in eastern europe. Worrying times. :(