Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

Are all flags/banners etc just going to be before the match and after a goal? I am assuming the club won't allow anything to be hung over advertising boards, as good as it would look having the front of the Gallowgate littered with our colours.

I'd imagine someone has that still, why not just try and use it. :lol:

Put out a Tweet or something with the photo saying if anyone still has it and would they be interested in using it in the Gallowgate. That's fantastic.

http://4c2lgc59e181vuma1n9bmo1c.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/assets/bobby-robson-banner-spursboycott-newcastle-united-nufc-650x400.jpg

Recreating this would be pretty good.

It's good yes- don't like the bit about personal injury though - incongruous

I think one of the lads who owns that banner is part of the group so expect to see more of that and my "Howay The Lads" flag.

This is very much a joint venture with the club and I think they will permit the use of their copyrighted items so long as it's not for profitable purposes. Despite that - this is a fans initiative...it's run by the fans for the fans. We're just trying to cooperate with the club for our own gains.

Personally, I'd prefer it to be solely a fans initiative with no communication with Ashley and his con artists but if it makes for a better match day experience and we have Benitez maybe this is a sign of good, healthy change.

The blue star will be prominent !! The one thing the club would'nt allow was for the advertising to be covered which is a shame, basically because the plan is for the 'corner' to be filled with like minded fans, were hoping large and small 'waver flags' will be prominent throughout the game. its all a bit of a culture change to be honest so it could be a slow burner or it might take off straight away. If the stars are all aligned and we stuff Fulham ,sell out, and it's a cracking sunny day we could hit the ground running, but at the end of the day its up to us (the fans) really.

Aye the 'noise and the passion' will be there.

I was just thinking why not just buy loads of smaller ones anyway. The colour will look a lot better than many different designs.

The club should still hand out small hand held flags or scarfs to supporters to help increase it's participation.

Yeah - I am slightly surprised they haven't donated themselves or pledged to match whatever is donated. Small change, but it would be a fantastic gesture.

As previously mentioned there has been a number of other designs produced and discussed within the group and I'm sure once finalised and produced they will be impressive. More will follow but we really want to have a "wow" factor rather than having it built up and then not meeting certain people's expectations.

Speaking from my own experience you cannot keep everyone happy with this sort of thing and this will inevitably be the case with some. Strange how  most the people who complain never do owt to better it or help...

Just my opinion.

The club are cooperating with members of our group and we intend to at least make our aspect of the display(s) as tasteful as possible and not too orchestrated.

As previously mentioned - anyone who can provide designs or is willing to help would be appreciated.

As previously mentioned there has been a number of other designs produced and discussed within the group and I'm sure once finalised and produced they will be impressive. More will follow but we really want to have a "wow" factor rather than having it built up and then not meeting certain people's expectations.

Speaking from my own experience you cannot keep everyone happy with this sort of thing and this will inevitably be the case with some. Strange how  most the people who complain never do owt to better it or help...

Just my opinion.

The club are cooperating with members of our group and we intend to at least make our aspect of the display(s) as tasteful as possible and not too orchestrated.

As previously mentioned - anyone who can provide designs or is willing to help would be appreciated.

:thup: