Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

I like that idea, nice gesture. There are around 5000 gay people at every match after all.

Why do they need their own flag?  Maybe they should do one for the 47k straight people as well whilst they're at it. Football is getting way too sanitised now with things like this, minutes silences/applauses and the like at every match. Most of it is just people trying to make themselves look good.

I like that idea, nice gesture. There are around 5000 gay people at every match after all.

Why do they need their own flag?  Maybe they should do one for the 47k straight people as well whilst they're at it. Football is getting way too sanitised now with things like this, minutes silences/applauses and the like at every match. Most of it is just people trying to make themselves look good.

Please think about that statement, because it shouldn't need to be explained.

This isn't a minutes silence or applause, it's a Newcastle flag.

Guest neesy111

Maybe they should do one for the 47k straight people

WAT

Please think about that statement, because it shouldn't need to be explained.

No need to. As has been said there's around 5k gay people attend every match. That's a pretty high percentage which would suggest that gay people already feel comfortable attending matches and that homophobia certainly isn't a problem at SJP (which it isn't). Don't see the point in making a flag for them.

It's going ahead anyway as they've already beaten the total they needed to fund it.

:thup: Get it made. Doubt there's anywhere near 5k RAGING GAYS at the match however.

I sit in the corner and I'm pretty sure there's nee puffs sat around where I sit but Ian reckons there's 5k of them at every match so he must have got that figure from somewhere. I don't think i ever had to tell the club of my sexual preferences when i got my season ticket mind.

Football is a sport based on culture and identity. In the past, fans would compete to be the "hardest" or most "racist", now it's who can virtue signal, play the victim etc. It would be nice if more people prided us on being the loudest given the atmosphere in st james' park sometimes. It's a reflection of the different societies. Though occasionally unavoidable, football and politics should be kept separate. I really hope we stop with the 17th minute thing this season, the family themselves wanted it to end long ago.

With all that being said, I struggle to have a problem with this. I mean what's the harm ? It's only a big deal if people turn it in to one. Gallowgate flags should be wary of being political though.

:thup: Get it made. Doubt there's anywhere near 5k RAGING GAYS at the match however.

I sit in the corner and I'm pretty sure there's nee puffs sat around where I sit but Ian reckons there's 5k of them at every match so he must have got that figure from somewhere. I don't think i ever had to tell the club of my sexual preferences when i got my season ticket mind.

Around 10 % of people are gay so that's probably where he got the figure.

Around 10 % of people are gay so that's probably where he got the figure.

nee wonder the atmospheres so shit now.

He was making an estimate based on the % of the population man.

If you don't think there's an issue of homophobia in football, you're deluded. How many out players are there, for example? I've heard it myself loads at games and when playing as a kid. And I'm pretty f***ing sure Newcastle is not a special enlightened exception. Also, "pretty sure there's nee puffs around me"...

And if people don't give a s*** about all that, fair enough. But I fail to see how a Newcastle flag that also represents LGBT pride is something to get annoyed about.

I have my problems with 'modern football', an nufc/pride flag would certainly not be one of those.

If you don't think there's an issue of homophobia in football, you're deluded. How many out players are there, for example? I've heard it myself loads at games and when playing as a kid. And I'm pretty f***ing sure Newcastle is not a special enlightened exception. Also, "pretty sure there's nee puffs around me"...

And if people don't give a s*** about all that, fair enough. But I fail to see how a Newcastle flag that also represents LGBT pride is something to get annoyed about.

I have my problems with 'modern football', an nufc/pride flag would certainly not be one of those.

I'm not annoyed in the slightest about it. I just don't see the point in it.

I'm not annoyed in the slightest about it. I just don't see the point in it.

It's so people know they are welcome regardless of who they are. When the word puff is getting thrown around in 2017 it quite clearly is needed.

Guest neesy111

It's so people know they are welcome regardless of who they are. When the word puff is getting thrown around in 2017 it quite clearly is needed.

:thup: