Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

6 hours ago, Nucasol said:

I remember the mackems rejected their group’s original idea of Sportswashing in Sports Direct font.

Free to air UK TV exposure and potentially worldwide eyes on sunderland and they wanted to talk about Newcastle. 

That's standard mackems but this particular episode will never get old, just another cog in their entire meltdown when the draw was made.

5 hours ago, NE27 said:

I'm struggling to make out gallowgate display on my river?

Is it the castle off the old badge?

Thats the only thing I can possibly think it is/imagine it is.

53 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Aye, with the Magpie from it being in the Leazes 

Wor Flags are class like. Love how they back every team representing the city, not just in football. Amazing man. 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Mental take that tbh.

East stand looked great, Leazes weirdly lobsided and Gallowgate very difficult to make out.

Think i prefer displays that have a message or celebrate something, todays just didnt resonate with me (or anyone I spoke to in my section).

Another round of applause to everyone involved with Wor Flags for creating some immense displays time after time this season. Looks so fucking cool whether on TV or in person. Blows the rest of the league out the water. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with next season

Posted (edited)

Today must have been hell for some people bet there's some that fall into the category of hating only drawing with Brighton and maybe not qualifiying for Europe again and add insult to injury the fan funded mass flag display not being up to the standards they expect and in keeping with something the North Koreans would pull off.

Wasn't even 30degrees either.

Edited by Wolfcastle

22 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

East stand looked great, Leazes weirdly lobsided and Gallowgate very difficult to make out.

Think i prefer displays that have a message or celebrate something, todays just didnt resonate with me (or anyone I spoke to in my section).

I have to agree, I didn’t know what either of the ends were and the only thing I could figure out was the east stands ‘Newcastle United’. 

That’s not a criticism at all, massively appreciate everything the group do, clearly the best in the league. But I just couldn’t make out what today was and the one in the Leazes seemed weirdly to the left hand side … 

What a year though, some memorable displays and the champions league man… 

2 hours ago, RodneyCisse said:

It is aye. Was a bit lost on the Gallowgate with the lighting we maybe should have swapped the ends as the magpie would have been seen on the bottom Tiers still

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, geordie_b said:

You are of course entitled to your opinion and understand displays such as this won't be to everyone's taste. However, to our defence it is nigh on impossible to generate a 'message' that encapsulates the feeling of the fan base every single week and likewise it would lose its impact were that to be an "every game" thing.

I am actually in agreement that those displays with a clear message are the most important and impactful. The group would say the same. However, what would your message be today and do you think that message would be the view of the majority of the fanbase? (Not being a dick. Just curious.)

Today was about showing them visually of our love for the club because we were struggling to really hit the right notes that we did with the messages from the Geordies and Brazilians displays in recent outings (which were clear and strong).Dare I say it, but no supporter group or ultra group worldwide does that. In fact a lot don't go big every other fixture. They go big for big games and that's it.

Anyways, like I say, fair enough if you didn't like it. We have to take the rough with the smooth. Personally though, I'd take from it that it was still far, far better than nearly every English club would be doing for their final home game of the season and seemingly the atmosphere (from what I have read) at least started on the right note as a result, which ultimately is ou role (to b a catalyst).

Apologies if this seems somewhat defensive, but ultimately I'm going to be :lol:

Edited by Heron

46 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Today must have been hell for some people bet there's some that fall into the category of hating only drawing with Brighton and maybe not qualifiying for Europe again and add insult to injury the fan funded mass flag display not being up to the standards they expect and in keeping with something the North Koreans would pull off.

Wasn't even 30degrees either.

:lol:

57 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Thank you  for all the anticipation you create and the joy you bring enhancing the match day atmosphere. Looking forward to next season

:indi:

This ^

Admittedly I couldn't make out what the Gallowgate display was supposed to be, but still, up in L7 at the Leazes I got a sort of panoramic view of the whole thing for the first time and was really taken aback by how cool it all is - I had the same view as the away fans and was thinking how impressed I'd be as an away fan.

1 hour ago, Heron said:

However, what would your message be today and do you think that message would be the view of the majority of the fanbase? (Not being a dick. Just curious.)

Personally it would have been a positive message about gaining strength through adversity. The players/team/club could have written the season off many times yet here they were(are) fighting together to achieve something great.