Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

I really dislike the version of the Blaydon Races. It's tried to bring together involvement but it achieves anything but due to it being too slow and bitty.

Flags and surfers looked good but how come they were mainly concentrated in just one corner of the Gallowgate (not the SE or SW corners)? It looked a bit Palace. I'd love for the legend flags to be evenly distributed around the Lv2 walkway, or at least as far as they can starting from the Gallowgate, to increase involvement. I know it's 'Gallowgate Flags' but people are contributing to help the crowd atmosphere. Also, where was the Rafa flag?

Next time can we get it so kids arn't holding one end of the 'This is the Gallowgate' flag low down and twisted inside out? Also it may help to have the bigger flags behind this flag as a few were right in front of it, making it hard to read even when it did get twisted the right way around. I liked the skull flag, would a flag of a noose or something be going too far?

With all due respect lads it took around around 6 or 7 of us getting there at midday today and around 50 others nearer to kick off to organise it the way it was.

Yous are right in all you say but it genuinely took a lot of effort.

Nonetheless, I probably shouldn't get too defensive. Thought it looked okay but wasn't quite as good as I expected. A lot of hand painted banners will go down a more Ultra style route I am sure playing on The Gallowgate and gallows theme.

The fans today were very supportive of our efforts and dozens of kids were made up from having a cheap £3 flag to wave. Inspiring the next generation to not be glory fans and support THEIR team is enough for me. Regardless of result.

With all due respect lads it took around around 6 or 7 of us getting there at midday today and around 50 others nearer to kick off to organise it the way it was.

Nonetheless, I probably shouldn't get too defensive. Thought it looked okay but wasn't quite as good as I expected. A lot of hand painted banners will go down a more Ultra style route I am sure playing on The Gallowgate and gallows theme.

The fans today were very supportive of our efforts and dozens of kids were made up from having a cheap £3 flag to wave. Inspiring the next generation to not be glory fans and support THEIR team is enough for me. Regardless of result.

Massive applause. My comments weren't meant to be negative, just some pointers. It took me a while to read the 'This the gallowgate' flag and with all the work you have done I just feel it would been that little bit more special. I guess that's the problem with game by game volunteers though, you're relying on people who want a flag because the guy next to him has one, and people who will take it to a different area and not make it as spread out. I guess as time goes on and more flags are bought we will eventually have more of our black and white wall. Keep up the good work.

Aye. We gave small black and white wavers out predominately to kids and reluctant parents bur had little control over where they were sitting and generally it was a melais (?) Of just getting shit done in the end.

Thanks for the kind words though people.

Aye. We gave small black and white wavers out predominately to kids and reluctant parents bur had little control over where they were sitting and generally it was a melais (?) Of just getting s*** done in the end.

malaise

O0

Top work again btw.

Aye. We gave small black and white wavers out predominately to kids and reluctant parents bur had little control over where they were sitting and generally it was a melais (?) Of just getting s*** done in the end.

malaise

O0

Top work again btw.

mêlée tbh. :thup:

Massive applause. My comments weren't meant to be negative, just some pointers. It took me a while to read the 'This the gallowgate' flag and with all the work you have done I just feel it would been that little bit more special. I guess that's the problem with game by game volunteers though, you're relying on people who want a flag because the guy next to him has one, and people who will take it to a different area and not make it as spread out. I guess as time goes on and more flags are bought we will eventually have more of our black and white wall. Keep up the good work.

:thup:

malaise

O0

Top work again btw.

:lol: :thup: