Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

If Wor Flags have any clout they should have a word with the DJ fella in the box. Seems like previous displays like the Big River one were co-ordinated to the music.

Clearly Wor Flags do more than enough but if they have any influence, have a word with the fucker to stop drowning out the crowd at full time. Next Tuesday should be a special night if all goes well and the atmosphere should be organic without any of this Hey Jude shite straight after the final whistle.

Far from facilitating the atmosphere the cunt (I mean nice chap) is now fucking detrimental to the crowd creating any atmosphere.

7 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

If Wor Flags have any clout they should have a word with the DJ fella in the box. Seems like previous displays like the Big River one were co-ordinated to the music.

Clearly Wor Flags do more than enough but if they have any influence, have a word with the fucker to stop drowning out the crowd at full time. Next Tuesday should be a special night if all goes well and the atmosphere should be organic without any of this Hey Jude shite straight after the final whistle.

Far from facilitating the atmosphere the cunt (I mean nice chap) is now fucking detrimental to the crowd creating any atmosphere.

No music 10 mins before the players come out aswell.

If there can't be any display at Wembley for whatever reason, the scarfs would be great there anyway. One half of the stadium showing up Man Utd's contingent as they slink away early at half time 3-0 down (I can dream...)

It could do with not being overpowering like, but I like it.  Agree that when there's a verse of whatever is being belted out by the crowd he shouldn't be blasting hey jude and forcing a change. 

Still a fan of hearing Blitzkrieg Bop, Moving On Up Now etc though, I wouldn't want it stopped altogether.  Especially when the grounds deed at times anyway. 

Enjoyed House of the Rising Sun the other week as well :lol:

14 hours ago, SteV said:

I meant keep any communication with Wembley low-key, this week anyway.

Obviously if we get there then go as massive as you can with any actual displays 

Aye, sorry, misunderstood :thup:

7 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

We do align and have conversations but we also need to be respectful of him and the club :lol:

We also get frustrated like. Maybe we can have a word once we have a stronger relationship built there and get to know one another better.

Edited by Heron

Just been catching up on some posts and wanted to add about the Wi-Fi signal. 

Unfortunately living so far away I've only been to St.James once (well twice but only seen 1 game) and I was pretty shocked how bad the wi-fi/phone signal was when I was there. Even after the game outside the stadium I was having problems and I genuinely thought 02 had gone down for a few hours. 

I wanted to check the scores at half time and have a 5 minute scroll through twitter to see any incidents of the game and thoughts on how it was etc. This is perfectly normal and I can't see it effecting the atmosphere during the game. 

The stuff to do with updating your Instagram and YouTube etc is valid but people would still do that anyway as it only uses the phone camera. Uploading can take place when the phone is in your pocket and if not they'll just wait until after the game. 

Personally the only time I would use the Internet signal is half time and when I went I still had my phone out taking a few pictures and videos, and that was because it was a rare occurance for me. 

I just think that considering 99.9% of people in that stadium own a phone, it really should offer full signal and Wi-Fi. 

Turning the signal on just at half time is a very good idea although I don't know if that would cause connection issues given the mass amount of connections at once. 

17 hours ago, IzzyIsak said:

No music 10 mins before the players come out aswell.

Completely disagree with that… the music, like it or not, helps build the atmosphere. Without it were left with a dead crowd, much like the game after the Queen died. Worst atmosphere I’ve ever been in.

3 hours ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Completely disagree with that… the music, like it or not, helps build the atmosphere. Without it were left with a dead crowd, much like the game after the Queen died. Worst atmosphere I’ve ever been in.

How does the music help build the atmosphere if it was dead anyway during the game?

Anyone who was at the Fulham game will have noticed a 5 min period before the game where no music was played and the crowd started singing.

Edited by IzzyIsak

1 hour ago, IzzyIsak said:

That Isak song to the ABBA tune is quality but i've never heard it at a game yet.

Why can't we get that going?

Tried it a few times but given he's played few games and the song is longer it'll take more to get off the ground. It'll come though :thup:

On 26/01/2023 at 14:35, Whitley mag said:

Aye simply reading the team out with a good old fashioned roar after each name would be enough and let the atmosphere build.

Have to say that’s pathetic these days and still my barometer of how much the atmosphere in general isn’t as good as it was in the KK and SBR days. Hardly any reaction when the names are called out. Mind you the PA guy could maybe give them a bigger build up 🙂

7 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Have to say that’s pathetic these days and still my barometer of how much the atmosphere in general isn’t as good as it was in the KK and SBR days. Hardly any reaction when the names are called out. Mind you the PA guy could maybe give them a bigger build up 🙂

The atmosphere under SBR was poor other than for the big games. Even the CL games other than the Juventus one were flat. Even under KK it was excellent when he first arrived, as was the 92/93 season then it started to die off as soon as we got into the Premier League outwith the big games.

12 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Went to a Maple Leafs game when I was in Toronto last year. Honestly, the build up before the game started got me pumped. We could take a few lessons from North American sports pre-game routines.

NHL build up is next level.

Shit is wild. :lol:

35 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

The atmosphere under SBR was poor other than for the big games. Even the CL games other than the Juventus one were flat. Even under KK it was excellent when he first arrived, as was the 92/93 season then it started to die off as soon as we got into the Premier League outwith the big games.

I was talking specifically when the players names where called out but also disagree with you in general. For the record I sat in the Gallowgate so that may play it’s part at times.

11 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Champions League at SJP...

Hell yeah. That part at 7:45 has every player wanting to run through a fucking wall.

The British won't let themselves be cheesy enough to get that hyped though. Imagine ol wor Graeme finishing his cuppa in the stands watching that "well that's a bloody bit much innit? :huff:"

:lol:

Edited by cubaricho