Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

1 minute ago, KDT said:

If anything there's too much signal in the ground, been a long time since anyone has had to report to the nearest steward or been told to shift their car.

Or go to the RVI as your wife has given birth or go help the the police as your cows are wandering down Claremont Road.

Both true. The first one used to be a regular occurrence.

53 minutes ago, ToonTastic said:

Whilst I agree with this, it would be nice if someone could get a hold of me if they needed to. At the minute it's like being back in the 90s (Though that's not all bad :))

Used to love the tannoy announcements during the match in the 90s telling someone their wife had just gone into labour or that their car was blocking the road.

Edited. Just read through the last page there and this has already been mentioned [emoji38]

Edited by Wallsendmag

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

That people would be distracted spending time on their phone instead of watching the match and supporting the team due to short attention spans as discussed earlier in the thread which I was replying to. So you’ve kinda proved my point 🙂

Yeah seen that bit but thought might missed something. If giving people WIFI to check the scores or replays etc is stops them watching the match that's on them.  I doubt these people bring much to the atmosphere anyway.  Also pretty handy to be able to be contacted in an emergency.  

3 hours ago, Slim said:

Yeah seen that bit but thought might missed something. If giving people WIFI to check the scores or replays etc is stops them watching the match that's on them.  I doubt these people bring much to the atmosphere anyway.  Also pretty handy to be able to be contacted in an emergency.  

Yeah but you don’t want to encourage them or it. Like I said switch a signal on HT or FT.

3 hours ago, Slim said:

Yeah, seems a bit of daft objection really. They had WiFi at Brighton and I didn’t notice anybody ignoring the match because of it. Also made meeting people a lot easier. 

There’s plenty of wifi in the ground as i often spend half time trying to guess the passwords. I’m pretty crap at it though.

Surprised they’ve not considered offering wifi for half time at a quid a game or something.

Edited by bowlingcrofty

22 hours ago, TheGuv said:

I did indeed…

Got to be able to have a live selfie for Insta/Twitter though I suppose 

This is problem with Trust, fucking Wifi is a valid point above atmosphere. Pathetic.

7 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Why do you need WiFi to be contacted in an emergency? If it's urgent, they're phoning you not sending you a facebook message.

Most main networks support WIFI calling, considering the networks are fucked in Newcastle for an hour before the match and an hour afterwards, WIFI provides an alternative for a phone signal.

6 hours ago, LFEE said:

At the NUST meeting one of the members in the audience asked each of the board if there was one thing about the club they could change what would it be. CR said she’d like Wi-Fi signal in the ground. In fairness to her when I argued the flip side she did acknowledge the point.

What the actual fuck sorta response is that :lol: the fucking WiFi?! :lol:

Edited by Heron

I feel the need to add to that...

It might be their personal preference or the one thing they'd change for them, but as trust board members surely it extends beyond what would be good for them. Like surely, safe standing, affordable tickets, inclusion, any one of a number of topics would be better than WiFi for me like.

I doubt WiFi is top of the list of things they'd change at the club for like 95% of match going fans. Each to their own like, but it's fanzine/blogger/vlogger crack that I just don't get at the match tbh. Maybe I'm old fashioned. But getting away from everything and singing for my team for 90minutes is how I like to spend my match :lol:

32 minutes ago, Heron said:

It might be their personal preference or the one thing they'd change for them, but as trust board members surely it extends beyond what would be good for them. Like surely, safe standing, affordable tickets, inclusion, any one of a number of topics would be better than WiFi for me like.

I doubt WiFi is top of the list of things they'd change at the club for like 95% of match going fans. Each to their own like, but it's fanzine/blogger/vlogger crack that I just don't get at the match tbh. Maybe I'm old fashioned. But getting away from everything and singing for my team for 90minutes is how I like to spend my match :lol:

Nah you're not old fashioned. You're just a normal football fan. :lol:

34 minutes ago, Heron said:

Only thing I ever want signal for at the match is if I’ve forgot to put a daft bet on.

8 hours ago, LFEE said:

At the NUST meeting one of the members in the audience asked each of the board if there was one thing about the club they could change what would it be. CR said she’d like Wi-Fi signal in the ground. In fairness to her when I argued the flip side she did acknowledge the point.

Fuck me ragged

7 hours ago, Heron said:

My impression rightly or wrongly is that they’re up their own arses this TF/NUST lot. Fair enough podcasts etc seem to be the future, but think rubbing shoulders with the likes of Caulkin and the odd player seems to have gone to their head. Certain board members seem very comfy in their padded seats in the Milburn and a little out of touch if you ask me. 

Edited by Whitley mag

1 minute ago, Rafalove said:

Honestly why do these people even go? Being apart of the atmosphere is the reason you would pay for a ticket instead of watching  on the television.

The fact someone is asking people to learn the songs is worrying. Is it getting that bad already? :lol:

"United (clap clap clap) United..."

needs to come back and not with fucking "toon" instead of the claps :anguish:

Blaydon races to be sung more often, slower with correct words.

Even the likes of "Newcastle, Newcastle, Newcastle" and "geordie boot boys" hardly get sung now.

All you seem to get now is bruno in the middle, eddie howes b&w army, whos that team we call united.

It's a bit dull.

Edited by IzzyIsak