Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

Just been reading that, guessing

the man who had kicked September off. The man was not seeking publicity, but Wor Hyem 1892 assured me he sat in the Gallowgate corner and was a constant source of new music, always making up chants in the car on long away journeys. His latest, about Jamal Lascelles, is set to the “la la la la lala lala” bit of Iggy Pop’s The Passenger.
is Heron? [emoji38]

Unfortunately it might be the son of Wor Jackie (user name not the good man [emoji38]) so I cannot take the plaudits for that. Although I have tried songs that are yet to take off. Simplicity is key like generally. Good mention for Wor Flags there. Is The Guardian national?

I guess the same is true of the Karl Darlow song which I had never heard before we sang it and I now hear it a lot on the TV this season.

Also the Cabaye song which we popularised (think I had heard it was originally sung at Celtic) but is now sung at every other club.

Dundee United were singing the ‘gold’ song about Ryan Gauld in 2013/14

I remember sitting in front of the West Ham fans first game of the 02/03 season and they were singing that for Defoe.

Just been reading that, guessing

the man who had kicked September off. The man was not seeking publicity, but Wor Hyem 1892 assured me he sat in the Gallowgate corner and was a constant source of new music, always making up chants in the car on long away journeys. His latest, about Jamal Lascelles, is set to the “la la la la lala lala” bit of Iggy Pop’s The Passenger.
is Heron? [emoji38]

Unfortunately it might be the son of Wor Jackie (user name not the good man [emoji38]) so I cannot take the plaudits for that. Although I have tried songs that are yet to take off. Simplicity is key like generally. Good mention for Wor Flags there. Is The Guardian national?

Aye.

You can pay on the door tomorrow lads and lasses if you so wish. It'll be a good night with plenty prizes available. I think this is them all:

Match Day media experience for four at an upcoming NUFC home match!

Signed pair of Freddie Woodman gloves!

Signed pair of DeAndre Yedlin’s boots!

Signed pair of Florian Lejeune’s boots!

A white knuckle rally experience for 2 in a Subaru imprezza with a Geordie Stig.

A 2 ball at close house where the British Masters was recently held.

50th Anniversary limited edition 1966 England World Cup winning kit signed by Geoff Hurst!

Zaap Vouchers

Weekend comedy tickets, and lunch vouchers from the Stand Comedy Club

Toon photography prints!

NE Art Collective limited edition prints!

Pints at the Tyneside Irish Center!

Copys of Inside The Rafalution by Mark Douglas!

We might even have some mini flags around!

NINE Bar Vouchers

It might be a good way to finish your working week or afternoon of Christmas shopping!

I guess the same is true of the Karl Darlow song which I had never heard before we sang it and I now hear it a lot on the TV this season.

Also the Cabaye song which we popularised (think I had heard it was originally sung at Celtic) but is now sung at every other club.

Dundee United were singing the ‘gold’ song about Ryan Gauld in 2013/14

I remember sitting in front of the West Ham fans first game of the 02/03 season and they were singing that for Defoe.

Really? Remember them singing it around that time but I'm sure it was for Joe Cole.

The surfer was out as were a few shirt flags. Not sure what people are on about no display...

The one vs Leicester is being planned for heavily and unfortunately it's down to man power sometimes too. That should be a fantastic display with any luck.

Sorry if people haven't found them to be as good recently but it isn't all that easy to churn out new flags every fortnight.

The surfer was out as were a few shirt flags. Not sure what people are on about no display...

The one vs Leicester is being planned for heavily and unfortunately it's down to man power sometimes too. That should be a fantastic display with any luck.

Sorry if people haven't found them to be as good recently but it isn't all that easy to churn out new flags every fortnight.

Think the queries are with regards Leazes Flags

Think the queries are with regards Leazes Flags

Seems they're doing their first display at the Leicester game

Why do you need new flags every 2 weeks? Just fly the same ones and rotate them from game to game. Better to keep the consistency and brilliant atmosphere generated by you lot than to lose momentum.

Sorry mate, was on about the leazes end 😊

Why do you need new flags every 2 weeks? Just fly the same ones and rotate them from game to game. Better to keep the consistency and brilliant atmosphere generated by you lot than to lose momentum.

I was just being overly defensive. Apologies.

We are going to be rotating the banners a bit more I suspect and they will feature regularly. We're just planning and doing a lot of fundraising stuff at the moment so decided to keep yesterday low key. :thup:

There's a tangible improvement to the atmosphere thanks to the dogged efforts of the singing section and flag displays . You can feel that even the recent slump in displays and form on the pitch haven't seen a return to the days of apathy in the stands . Of course having a manager we all want to believe in helps .  The crowd tried to lift the team yesterday and it just feels like a proper stadium again

Rafa's slow paced, defensive style of football where we don't seem to have any sustained pressure on our opponents goal, or even any real possession on their half, isn't exactly conducive to a vibrant atmosphere because atmosphere tends to be dictated by what happens on the pitch, but even so it's been spot on this season thanks to Wor Hyem/Gallowgate Flags.

I was just being overly defensive. Apologies.

We are going to be rotating the banners a bit more I suspect and they will feature regularly. We're just planning and doing a lot of fundraising stuff at the moment so decided to keep yesterday low key. :thup:

Nah mate don't apologise! You're putting a lot of work into something by the sounds of it so it's natural to feel defensive about it, especially if you've seen criticism here and there. Keep up the quality work, it's brilliant that we have something like the flag movement going on at all, in whatever capacity it is to be. I'm also sure that when results on the pitch pick up it will only motivate you guys and other fans to make it even bigger and better. :thup:

So the flags that we were getting done professionally arrived today and are now at the ground. They look awesome but they'll look even better next week once they're all up together. Thanks for your support and donations chaps and chapesses.