Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

It's still stupid, because the immediate reaction is that it's based on results of games, if you could explain it like that in one quick line fine but the flag doesn't work because NUFC are in a results business and we get "defeated" quiet frequently.

It's like that stupid song a lot of  other clubs such as Middlesboro sing "We're Middlesborough FC, the greatest team the world has ever seen" ffs. Don't give others ammunition to misinterpret.

Guest firetotheworks

Sorry like, but you'd have to be a complete rotard to take the flag literally like. :lol:

And what do you think the majority of our detractors are, including those lot down the road ?

:lol: That was the insinuation...

Guest alijmitchell

It's still stupid, because the immediate reaction is that it's based on results of games, if you could explain it like that in one quick line fine but the flag doesn't work because NUFC are in a results business and we get "defeated" quiet frequently.

It's like that stupid song a lot of  other clubs such as Middlesboro sing "We're Middlesborough FC, the greatest team the world has ever seen" ffs. Don't give others ammunition to misinterpret.

Couldn't give a shit what other people think - we know what it means, that's what it's like to be a fan of this great club, no-one else gets it

Newcastle United Will Never Be Defeated is one of the greatest chants/sayings of our support! I love it. Fuck every other cunt who says 'yeah but you lost today'. Fuck off cunts.

:thup: Fuck the outsiders. Get that siege mentality going.

Ah the bloke who thought the curry house meeting was staged to sell papers and constantly slags off Rafa is now worried about RTG taking the piss out of a flag? :lol: Surely proof if you spend enough time on that site you become just as thick as them. How does that Nietzsche quote go again?

• 3 weeks later...

Witnessed the lads sorting the flags out at the back of the Gallowgate after the game with one of them saying that he is jacking it in as no-one is helping.    Surely the club could pay expenses or something to make it more worthwhile for people spending hours on end as well as their free time to just really try to better the football club.    Win win for everyone then.

Witnessed the lads sorting the flags out at the back of the Gallowgate after the game with one of them saying that he is jacking it in as no-one is helping.    Surely the club could pay expenses or something to make it more worthwhile for people spending hours on end as well as their free time to just really try to better the football club.    Win win for everyone then.

Should get free season tickets for the amount of graft they put in.

That was probably me. I was having a hissy fit in all honesty. Yesterday was a particularly bad day for us. Not many could make it and I did the whole setting up of the display by myself and collected a lot of the flags in by myself also. Anyone who has handled the surfer will know how heavy it is and I had to drag that over from one corner to the other and sort it all out which took an hour pre match and I put the wavers out whilst nearly breaking my neck in our cupboard which needs a good tidy out. That took another hour so I was saying like why shouldn't I be able to go see my best mates for a pint pre match when seemingly that's what others were doing. A few of the lads were taking the piss cause I'd put them on the bottom walkway and I lost my shit and told them not to start, then they set it off far too early and the display was shit so I felt as though I'd entirely wasted my time. Everyone in the group puts a shit load of graft into it so I was probably a little bit unfair but I'm sure most of them could see why I was furious. I've had my rant at people within the group and that's that. We'll be ready to go again vs Swansea :thup:

That was probably me. I was having a hissy fit in all honesty. Yesterday was a particularly bad day for us. Not many could make it and I did the whole setting up of the display by myself and collected a lot of the flags in by myself also. Anyone who has handled the surfer will know how heavy it is and I had to drag that over from one corner to the other and sort it all out which took an hour pre match and I put the wavers out whilst nearly breaking my neck in our cupboard which needs a good tidy out. That took another hour so I was saying like why shouldn't I be able to go see my best mates for a pint pre match when seemingly that's what others were doing. A few of the lads were taking the p*ss cause I'd put them on the bottom walkway and I lost my s*** and told them not to start, then they set it off far too early and the display was s*** so I felt as though I'd entirely wasted my time. Everyone in the group puts a s*** load of graft into it so I was probably a little bit unfair but I'm sure most of them could see why I was furious. I've had my rant at people within the group and that's that. We'll be ready to go again vs Swansea :thup:

You absolute legend. No matter what happens, there will always be people, including me and many on here who appreciate the honorable work you have put in and no one can take credit away from you and the group. Sure enough there'll always be c***s out there who ruin the day for many but your work is highly regarded by many and we've seen some brilliant images of it and that should be a lasting legacy of yours and the group. :thup:

Thanks people. I always pass on these messages to people in the group and they're always very grateful. I wasn't saying the above post for thanks like [emoji38] I just wanted to clear up that we weren't having some sort of group breakdown [emoji38]

Without fellow fans helping to fund us we couldn't do it, so it's a team effort across the whole fan base one way or the other. :thup:

• 3 weeks later...

We need them to turn anti Ashley now. Ok it will likely mean that their time at SJP will up for as long as he's here, but it needs to be done. We need the crowd to turn on him now.

Very much this.

It needs things like 'GREED, NO HOPE and SHAME alongside pictures of Ashley. Would be very effective imho.

Guest Howaythetoon

Nope, let’s not drag them into this sorry mess. They are a force for positivity and help keep fans, players and club United. If. The goal is to stay up, more of the same please...

Nope, let’s not drag them into this sorry mess. They are a force for positivity and help keep fans, players and club United. If. The goal is to stay up, more of the same please...

With Ashley still here? Nah, let's burn the place to the ground.

Guest Howaythetoon

Normally I’d agree, but I don’t think dragging them into it is fair given their excellent and positive work.

I agree. More pro-Rafa for me. Show our support for him and the team until he leaves.