The Last 16 - Qualified - Pol, Wal, Por, Fra, Ger, Bel, Ita, Ice

Sad to see us go out today, game just got away from us in ten minutes early in the second half. Could easily have turned into a thumping in the end but I think that would have been harsh on us after the amount that the players put in to the last two games.

Last Wednesday and the celebrations that followed it will live long in the memory, very few goals that I've celebrated like I did Brady's goal against Italy.

Definitely think the nation can be proud of how the players represented us. 2012 was an awful tournament for us. We got easily beaten in all three games but what really stung was how we played in them. Just sitting back, trying to defend for our lives and waiting for teams to find a way through. This time we approached the games so much better (barring the Belgium game, apparently. I didn't actually see it as I had a work thing I couldn't get out of) and tried to actually win games. We definitely got a huge slice of luck getting Italy when they had nothing to play for but it was a hell of a result regardless. Would any of our players get in the Italy squad? I don't know enough about the Italian squad to say but I'd be inclined to doubt it.

We don't have enough ability in the squad to play expansive, technically demanding football. We have a few players in Coleman, Long, Brady and Hoolahan who actually do have some ability on the ball but by and large it's a team of players that need to work very hard and play for each other if we're going to have any chance against really quality teams. I feel that they all did exactly that over the last couple of weeks and as a fan I don't really think you can ask for much more than that.

i've hardly been able to follow the tournament but is there any correlation between fellaini not being in the belgian side and them actually looking like the talented side they should be at last?  as that seemed to be the case last night to me, 10 footballers instead of 9 and fellaini stinking the fucking place up

i've hardly been able to follow the tournament but is there any correlation between fellaini not being in the belgian side and them actually looking like the talented side they should be at last?  as that seemed to be the case last night to me, 10 footballers instead of 9 and fellaini stinking the fucking place up

He started in the Italy game in a 4-3-3 and they didn't look up to much at all, since then he's been replaced by Carrasco/Mertens in a 4-2-3-1 and they've looked like a much better side (I missed the Sweden game so this is based on Ireland and Hungary). Played much faster attacking football without him in the team.

He started in the Italy game in a 4-3-3 and they didn't look up to much at all, since then he's been replaced by Carrasco/Mertens in a 4-2-3-1 and they've looked like a much better side (I missed the Sweden game so this is based on Ireland and Hungary). Played much faster attacking football without him in the team.

Yeah, it really seemed apparent last night albeit Hungary aren't a great team.

Italy (3-1-4-2) Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; De Rossi; Florenzi, Parolo, Giaccherini, Di Sciglio; Pelle, Eder.

Spain (4-1-2-3) De Gea; Juanfran, Pique, Ramos, Jordi Alba; Busquets; Fabregas, Iniesta, Silva, Morata, Nolito.

EURO 2016 is finished for me.

I'll quit for now. It was a good run and I'll spare another broken heart of mine by being knocked again in the final part of the competition, being such cold feet was we are.

Even when we win I get sad for the other fans (like Croatian) for, as James say, "when I look deep in their eyes, I see their souls".

Cheers and enjoy, people!

Italian national anthem man. So good.

Been saying it all tournament. The French, Russian and Italian are probably the top three for me. (apart from the Brazilian obviously ;) )

I'll quit for now. It was a good run and I'll spare another broken heart of mine by being knocked again in the final part of the competition, being such cold feet was we are.

Even when we win I get sad for the other fans (like Croatian) for, as James say, "when I look deep in their eyes, I see their souls".

You're in the 1/4s against a very beatable team you fucking clown :lol:

You're in the 1/4s against a very beatable team you f***ing clown :lol:

I admit I'm a pussy. The same thing happens with Benfica. I am getting tired of football and considering quitting. I am a footballlistic wuss.

Italian national anthem man. So good.

Been saying it all tournament. The French, Russian and Italian are probably the top three for me. (apart from the Brazilian obviously ;) )

The lyrics are along the lines of "brothers of Rome, let us join, we are ready to fight, we are ready to die!' gets you a bit more pumped up than God save the Queen!

You're in the 1/4s against a very beatable team you fucking clown :lol:

He's just preparing himself for the semi final when Bale will show on a world stage that he's better than Ronaldo

You're in the 1/4s against a very beatable team you f***ing clown :lol:

He's just preparing himself for the semi final when Bale will show on a world stage that he's better than Ronaldo

I've been already through 5 lost international finals. Yeah I'm entitled to get emotionally off decisive moments.