Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

I saw a stat the other day saying he scored 9 goals and got 7 assists, unsure if the assists part is accurate but considering his time spent out with bans and him not always starting games I think he had a decent first season in the prem already for his age, I reckon another season in the champ with us hopefully getting promoted will be the making of him and he'll score even more in our first season back.

The assist bit is not true, Sissoko had most think 7, Gini 5, not sure on Mitrovic. I think Mitrovic only bagged 5 goals from open play? Was it 4 pens?

Eh? I'm sure we only got 3 all season

I saw a stat the other day saying he scored 9 goals and got 7 assists, unsure if the assists part is accurate but considering his time spent out with bans and him not always starting games I think he had a decent first season in the prem already for his age, I reckon another season in the champ with us hopefully getting promoted will be the making of him and he'll score even more in our first season back.

The assist bit is not true, Sissoko had most think 7, Gini 5, not sure on Mitrovic. I think Mitrovic only bagged 5 goals from open play? Was it 4 pens?

Eh? I'm sure we only got 3 all season

Sorry I'm useless, was guessing, he got 2 pens from the 9 goals. Still don't know assist?

http://www.nufc.com/html/2015-16html/goalscorers.html

He got 4 assists like - 2 against Spurs (1 home, 1 away), 1 against Man Utd & 1 against Swansea.

Either way, 9 goals and 4 assists isn't bad for someone who only started 22 games all season in a team that were absolutely dogshit.

Would we say the same about Armstrong this season if he scores 7 goals 2 pens and 4 assists in the same amount of games and younger still?

I bet nobody would make as much fuss.

He got 4 assists like - 2 against Spurs (1 home, 1 away), 1 against Man Utd & 1 against Swansea.

Either way, 9 goals and 4 assists isn't bad for someone who only started 22 games all season in a team that were absolutely dogshit.

Would we say the same about Armstrong this season if he scores 7 goals 2 pens and 4 assists in the same amount of games and younger still?

I bet nobody would make as much fuss.

If Armstrong got those stats in the.premiership I think most people would be pleased.

It's a bit of a stretching of the truth to say Mitrovic scored 9 goals and 4 assists in 22 starts given that 3 of his goals and two of his assists came off the bench . More accurately he got 6 goals and 2 assists in 22 starts with one of those being a penalty I think. He was much more dangerous off the bench in general last season. Also one of his goals and one of his assists were in that dead rubber game against Spurs

If you look at it like that we may as well take away all of his goals and assists because none of them were overhead kicks from the halfway line, so they don't count.

9 goals and 4 assists in his debut season in the Premier League is not a bad return at all for a 21 year old.

Fully expect him to whack at least 20 in this season (providing he plays regularly), if he sorts out his anger and play acting then he'll be an absolute great player for us.

• 2 weeks later...

New number 9 announced tomorrow.

Rafa says was out of two players, who in the end decided to settle it between themselves,instead of having a competition.

Would be a canny even match, four two minute rounds Mitro and Gayle. They're both a bit radgy, so probably early knock-out... Perhaps he meant Ching-Chang-walla, best of three?

If it's been settled between the two that wanted it then I'd imagine it's between Gayle and Mitro. The logical outcome is Gayle probably conceded it as he's newer.

Given Mitro's mentality he does strike me as the sort of person that would benefit from having it.