Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

657 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

This poll is closed to new votes

Movement out in the last week gathering pace, ££ banked from Gayle sale along with bits and pieces from De Jong etc, wages freed up.  Dreaming of a beast of a striker coming in. Won't happen like

I think it just might. Rafa's in charge of transfers now. We'll get a young perceived to be improvement on loan and buy other odds and sods (Delph, for example) or a club record Das Bost (type). Who I sincerely hope doesn't do a Shearer post Ferdinand departure. ( don't know why that popped in; would be Sod's law/typical us I guess. Torrent of s***, bad blood and angst about not signing 'anyone', in comes potential superstar at 11th hour, out he almost immediately goes on a stretcher).

Guest firetotheworks

Not a clue how people can keep coming out with this 'even we're not mad enough to...' nonsense. :spit:

I mean, we've done some ridiculous stuff obviously. But this just seems like a crazy suggestion... the only way Gayle is being sold is if we are bringing in another striker.

Do you really believe we'll sell him just to bring some money in?

Yeah.

Not a clue how people can keep coming out with this 'even we're not mad enough to...' nonsense. :spit:

I mean, we've done some ridiculous stuff obviously. But this just seems like a crazy suggestion... the only way Gayle is being sold is if we are bringing in another striker.

Yeah.

:lol: It's amazing how people keep falling for this, we're like a load of beaten up wifes. " I promise it's different this time !"

Surely it will be Perez from arsenal as his replacement?

Got to be, surely?

Desperate to go to Spain isn't he?

Hoping Rafa does the bizzo with him.

Come to the Spain of the north.

:lol: Quickest Customs Team in the UK shortening airport wait time by an average 2 hours meaning we're technically closer to Spain.

Yeah.

:lol: It's amazing how people keep falling for this, we're like a load of beaten up wifes. " I promise it's different this time !"

Yep  :lol:

People saying they can't believe we would sell without getting a replacement, surely it's the opposite. With everything that has happened under Ashley, how can you believe we wouldn't?

With everything happening with Rafa and him, this would be an ideal opportunity to get him to walk away.

Rafa ain't going to Ok a deal with no replacement and why in the world would Gayle want to leave. All the club's being mentioned are lower division. He fights to get us up, gets in the prem, starts two games then decides he wants to stop being a prem sides main striker?

Even if he were offered more money, the risk you're taking in not going up, at 27, on top of having to wait to prove yourself in the prem where the real wages will be at.

If Rafa really does have say over all transfers, which it seems like he does. Then in order for this to go through we must have someone lined up as a replacement, as otherwise it make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

If Rafa manages to get signings he wants in at this late stage of the window then he will have proved that things truly are going to be different with him around. It's going to be a fascinating mess.

Rafa ain't going to Ok a deal with no replacement and why in the world would Gayle want to leave. All the club's being mentioned are lower division. He fights to get us up, gets in the prem, starts two games then decides he wants to stop being a prem sides main striker?

Even if he were offered more money, the risk you're taking in not going up, at 27, on top of having to wait to prove yourself in the prem where the real wages will be at.

Why did he leave palace?

People saying they can't believe we would sell without getting a replacement, surely it's the opposite. With everything that has happened under Ashley, how can you believe we wouldn't?

With everything happening with Rafa and him, this would be an ideal opportunity to get him to walk away.

Just since Rafa arrived, we seem to be quite good at filling gaps in the squad and there seems to be less randomness about our transfer policy. Of course it's possible Ashley is in one of his kamikaze phases, but I think it's more likely that if Gayle goes it's so we can sign someone else.

Feel the exact same way as I did when I heard we were selling David Kelly. Let's hope it works out as well if we sell Gayle as we certainly can't afford it not to and my worry is there aren't too many Peter Beardsley's in this world and certainly none we've been linked with so far.

Just since Rafa arrived, we seem to be quite good at filling gaps in the squad and there seems to be less randomness about our transfer policy. Of course it's possible Ashley is in one of his kamikaze phases, but I think it's more likely that if Gayle goes it's so we can sign someone else.

Up until this summer I would have agreed, but the last few weeks suggest it's a matter of time before Ashley really messes up again, and this seems like the perfect opportunity.