Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

Guest firetotheworks

I think we're all fully expecting a cash grab, no replacement, and Rafa to leave. It's their calling card, it's what they do.

Rafa must be ok with this; if anything we appear to have been encouraging interest in Gayle. Of course it'll all end badly as we subsequently fail to get a replacement over the line due to some ridiculous demand from the player, agent or club. With said player/s ending up at Burnley, Stoke, West Brom or several (19) other clubs we can't compete with.

C'mon Rafa, pull a rabbit out of the hat.

I think we're all fully expecting a cash grab, no replacement, and Rafa to leave. It's their calling card, it's what they do.

Really hope the last bit is wrong. Can see him being sold and the familiar "no value", "no time to find a replacement" etc. being trotted out.

I can't see the club lining up a replacement in 48 hours that's not an afterthought, so I'd rather keep him. 15m doesn't really buy you much nowadays, anyway.

That's true, but 10 million got (would have) Jovetic. Maybe Rafa is aware of a deal going for a player he likes. That's the ideal scenario/hope anyway.

Lee f***ing Ryder ladies and gentlemen.

That to me reads "I know shit so I'll be noncommittal and then I can claim to be right whatever happens down the road".

He is ITK, right on the inside track!.. of knowing absolutely nothing. :lol:

Lee Ryder knows nothing. Shock.

I'd sell Gayle if we can sign a replacement who is more suited to this league. If we was good enough for this league, would Palace have sold him? I think he's an excellent Championship striker. I thought he might be able to get 10-15 goals this season if he stayed fit, but he hasnt looked sharp in the two games he played and we looked much better with a target man up top.

Guest firetotheworks

I'd sell Gayle if we can sign a replacement who is more suited to this league. If we was good enough for this league, would Palace have sold him? I think he's an excellent Championship striker. I thought he might be able to get 10-15 goals this season if he stayed fit, but he hasnt looked sharp in the two games he played and we looked much better with a target man up top.

I don't think who Pardew is willing to sell is a measure of a player's quality tbf.

Lee f***ing Ryder ladies and gentlemen.

That to me reads "I know s*** so I'll be noncommittal and then I can claim to be right whatever happens down the road".

He is ITK, right on the inside track!.. of knowing absolutely nothing. :lol:

Should be a mandatory 12 month ban for posting any quotes of fiction from that goon

So is it probable Rafa is willing to sell Gayle to fund a better #10 then go with Joselu, Mitro and potentially a last minute loan up top?

Makes sense to me tbh, don't think Gayle is going to cut it without a #10 anyways.

I think it's more likely we'll use the money on a striker. Although either player, at the level to make a guaranteed impact, should cost way over £15m.

I don't think who Pardew is willing to sell is a measure of a player's quality tbf.

It's telling that he dropped a division though, which looks to be the case for the second consecutive Summer.

Guest firetotheworks

It's telling that he dropped a division though, which looks to be the case for the second consecutive Summer.

We wouldn't get that fee from a premier league team when he's unproven at this level. Unproven doesn't necessarily mean unsuitable though.

It's all about whether Rafa's in on this as well, because I'd bet my life on him leaving if he's not and he's sold without a replacement.

So is it probable Rafa is willing to sell Gayle to fund a better #10 then go with Joselu, Mitro and potentially a last minute loan up top?

Makes sense to me tbh, don't think Gayle is going to cut it without a #10 anyways.

I think it's more likely we'll use the money on a striker. Although either player, at the level to make a guaranteed impact, should cost way over £15m.

We'll see but I'm not convinced. #10 is crucial to Rafa's system and we've got good support, some pace add goal threats out wide now. Main issue is Perez / Diame are not good enough and don't contribute.

Add a 10 goal / 10 assist player into the #10 spot (I know) and loan a striker such as Origi and we'd be in far better shape than just replacing Gayle like for like imo.