Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

Guest neesy111

It so weird, he looked finished a couple of weeks ago.

Looks like he's got over the mental issues with his injuries.  I've had similar with my dodgy hip, where I was expecting pain from it because it was always at the back of my mind.

Guest firetotheworks

Looks like he's got over the mental issues with his injuries.  I've had similar with my dodgy hip, where I was expecting pain from it because it was always at the back of my mind.

Tbf, a hip in the back of your mind sounds painful as fuck.

I'll reserve any conclusive judgement until I've seen him perform similarly against a variety of opposition, but signs are promising yesterday.

Man Utd gave us far more space than a Watford or a Burnley would though.

No team is going to sit back against us totally- especially if they're at home. We are the type of side any team would expect 4 points from in a season. At the very worst 3.

There will be space against more teams than less.

People were far too quick to say he was finished imo.

10 months of not performing so a very reasonable view.

Ayoze has been poor for years and most haven't given up

Aye. Plenty of players who show little flashes of talent or 'potential' get way more leeway off our fans than players who've actually shown they can contribute massively.

There's quite a big difference between someones form being up and down (Perez) to someone seemingly being unable to play the game effectively anymore due to not being able to run. Last two games the first since Gayle got injured in January he's looked like he's got over his mental problems.

Good news as we need him to be scoring goals.

What are yous going onabout?

He had a bad game. In his previous 2 starts he's been fine, scored one and had one unfairly ruled out.

Not a fan of him in this league mate, doesn't make enough happen himself. Can't remember him even touching the ball yesterday, Mitrovic saw more of it in 10 minutes because he demanded it. Gayle doesn't have that in his game, shirks away.

What are yous going onabout?

He had a bad game. In his previous 2 starts he's been fine, scored one and had one unfairly ruled out.

Not a fan of him in this league mate, doesn't make enough happen himself. Can't remember him even touching the ball yesterday, Mitrovic saw more of it in 10 minutes because he demanded it. Gayle doesn't have that in his game, shirks away.

Mitrovic comes deep because he's too slow to get in behind. If Gayle came deep to get the ball every time you'd be taking away his best attribute. Also its much easier to play when you're coming on at 3 down

Dwight Gayle and Joselu might not be scoring goals, but they aren't responsible for us conceding 7 goals in our last two games.

Factually correct but not being able to score when we're on top has directly contributed to the overall outcomes on this current run. Take the Bournemouth match for example, had the disallowed goal stood I think we'd have won that game fairly comfortably. Obviously that one wasn't Gayle's fault but it's an example of how not scoring impacts the whole team.

Dwight Gayle and Joselu might not be scoring goals, but they aren't responsible for us conceding 7 goals in our last two games.

Factually correct but not being able to score when we're on top has directly contributed to the overall outcomes on this current run. Take the Bournemouth match for example, had the disallowed goal stood I think we'd have won that game fairly comfortably. Obviously that one wasn't Gayle's fault but it's an example of how not scoring impacts the whole team.

True, but I don't have much confidence in our striker's ability to score goals, so we need to make sure we can get it right at the other end.

True, but I don't have much confidence in our striker's ability to score goals, so we need to make sure we can get it right at the other end.

Joselu fluffed chance at 0-0. Gayle can’t get ball from under his feet after nice turn at 1-0 or 0-0 can’t remember. Sorry man, they NEED to score in those positions.

Joselu fluffed chance at 0-0. Gayle can’t get ball from under his feet after nice turn at 1-0 or 0-0 can’t remember. Sorry man, they NEED to score in those positions.

You might as well say Perez NEEDS to score 20 goals this season. They aren't good enough, this season's performances have proven it. We have shown that we can defend when we are organised properly, I think that's what he have to get back to.