Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

Awful today.

Thought he was as lively myself, good positions etc. but wasn’t played in enough times. Did most of his best work a bit deeper mind...

Just came in to ask if anyone else thinks Rafa has changed his game recently? Seems all over the pitch rather than in the channels and in behind, looks much better on the ball as well if I'm being honest. At the expense of goals though?

Guest Howaythetoon

Awful today.

Thought he was as lively myself, good positions etc. but wasn’t played in enough times. Did most of his best work a bit deeper mind...

Just came in to ask if anyone else thinks Rafa has changed his game recently? Seems all over the pitch rather than in the channels and in behind, looks much better on the ball as well if I'm being honest. At the expense of goals though?

He was all over the pitch today, far too deep at times for my liking though. Murphy at one point ran toward their box and Shelvey was ahead of Gayle in getting forward!

Awful today.

He was all over the pitch today, far too deep at times for my liking though. Murphy at one point ran toward their box and Shelvey was ahead of Gayle in getting forward!

Is this Rafa's answer to the fact he's not going to cut it as a 9 in the PL I wonder, in conjunction with the fact Gayle also appears to think his hamstrings are gone...

Guest Howaythetoon

A few times he could have ran in behind them or ran at them Today and he checked back, almost reluctant. Whether that’s confidence or not I’m not sure. He’s showing he has more to his game, but at what detriment to his true game?

A few times he could have ran in behind them or ran at them Today and he checked back, almost reluctant. Whether that’s confidence or not I’m not sure. He’s showing he has more to his game, but at what detriment to his true game?

This is what I'm saying. He didn't get a look in for months with rumors of his head going over his hamstrings, suddenly he's back yet not leading the line but showing hitherto unbeforeseen sides to his game.

No coincidence imo.

This is what I'm saying. He didn't get a look in for months with rumors of his head going over his hamstrings, suddenly he's back yet not leading the line but showing hitherto unbeforeseen sides to his game.

No coincidence imo.

I’ve thought his link up play has looked noticable better like

No coincidence imo.

I’ve thought his link up play has looked noticable better like

Exactly, and he's playing in different positions as well.

Guest neesy111

He's very hit and miss, no consistency in his performances.  Sometimes his link-up play is nice, sometime's it's terrible (against Brighton).

Watching his goals from the Championship again, about two thirds seem to be from the six yard box or very close by. Against the better defences in the PL, we've not been able to get in behind anything like as much, so those goals have disappeared.

Watching his goals from the Championship again, about two thirds seem to be from the six yard box or very close by. Against the better defences in the PL, we've not been able to get in behind anything like as much, so those goals have disappeared.

Tbf we haven’t been able to get the ball near the oppositions six yard box very often.

Tbf we haven’t been able to get the ball near the oppositions half very often.

Fyp

He seems absolutely bereft of confidence like. Not clinical. Snatching at chances. Even against Luton he wasn't doing the things a goal scoring forward should do. I think there's a premier league player in there somewhere, but he sure doesn't look like it at the minute. 3 chances today, one guilt edge and not once did he force a decent save out of Fabianski.

There’s something up with him beyond confidence. I don’t think he wants to be here for some reason and there were those rumours about him wanting to go to Wolves in the summer.

He doesn’t really celebrate when he does actually score these days either.

Guest Howaythetoon

Very good runs and off the ball movement, but piss poor finishing. Pressed really well and won a few tussles. Looks devoid of any confidence.