Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

As funny as the handball was it's pretty shitty. Remember raging and wishing death upon Elmohamady when he tried it against us, then he proceeded to moan about it being disallowed.

Opening match if the season against Middlesbrough. 0-1 up after a Bellamy goal ( ? ). Hasselbaink handballs it in towards the end.  :rant:

A couple of weeks after that, we get Souness.

Dunno why I find this picture so amusing :lol:

http://4c2lgc59e181vuma1n9bmo1c.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/assets/dwight-gayle-handball-reading-newcastle-united-nufc-650x400.jpg

The whole team ran over to celebrate the cheating as well. :lol:

Maybe I should have put the word 'initially' in my original post. It was a good 2 minutes after the ball went into the net before it was overruled.  Had there been no protests I doubt it would have been overruled

The ref didn't blow and the linesman was on his way back to being in position for kick off before they were surrounded by Reading players

They only overruled it after protests from the keeper and some other Reading players, initially they were happy for the goal to stand

The linesman would have ran back to the halfway line if he thought it was fine. Clearly he thought it was dodgy and wanted to consult the referee.

Dunno why I find this picture so amusing [emoji38]

http://4c2lgc59e181vuma1n9bmo1c.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/assets/dwight-gayle-handball-reading-newcastle-united-nufc-650x400.jpg

Bring me sunshine, bring me smile.

:lol:

I wish I was a little bit taller...

He was on his way back to the half way line though

Yep, this is what I heard on the radio; both the ref and linesman seemingly didn't see it so I'm not sure what made them give the hand ball.

Yep, this is what I heard on the radio; both the ref and linesman seemingly didn't see it so I'm not sure what made them give the hand ball.

Louise Taylor said the fourth official gave it.

:thup:

Not like her to be wrong. Both the referee and linesman have it until Reading players swarmed the referee (isn't this against the rules now?). The referee then went over to the linesman on the far side and had chat with him then they disallowed the goal. The referee blatantly bowed to the pressure of the Reading players, OK in the end it was the correct decision but they can't let players do that to them.

Have no idea how neither the ref nor the linesman spotted it

Someone spotted it, the goal was ruled out and he got booked.

Sure that booking will be costly when he racks up a ban and Mitrovic is away with the African Nations Cup, bin him asap