Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

No idea what you're talking about :shifty:

I remember he got Robert sent off against us just after Robert scored and I've always disliked him since.

He was a horrendous snide cunt like. Loved an elbow too.

Yip, horrible player, all off the ball and away from the camera.

I remember him having a running battle with Darren Peacock one night up here and not liking it one bit that Peacock was giving it back to him in spades.

Skill moves will always beat long shots in space for me. That Bergkamp goal is possibly the best thing ever done in sport [emoji38]

Glenn Hoddle used to combine both.

You're always going on about Glenn Hoddle, Bill. You're never gonna meet him.

Already did.

Not sure how he could possibly react that quickly to where the ball was going to be unless it was intentional.

I think he meant to pull it with his left foot behind him (to his left as he was facing away from the goal) swivel and shoot. Personally think that he "miscontrolled it" but he was planning on moving that way anyway and readjusted as needed.

Get away man, go watch it again in slow motion. You can see by the way he flicks his foot and spins his body he was in complete control Of The whole move. Outrageous goal.

Not sure how he could possibly react that quickly to where the ball was going to be unless it was intentional.

I think he meant to pull it with his left foot behind him (to his left as he was facing away from the goal) swivel and shoot. Personally think that he "miscontrolled it" but he was planning on moving that way anyway and readjusted as needed.

Totally agree with this, have never been convinced he meant to do what he did.

Get away man, go watch it again in slow motion. You can see by the way he flicks his foot and spins his body he was in complete control Of The whole move. Outrageous goal.

I've watched loads of times over the years. Never looks good to me. Looks clumsy somehow. Stand by what I said above like. Think he was trying to flick it behind him to his left.

Clumsy? no way man. It's classy as fuck. He flicks it to one place and his only movement is to spin the defender and meet that ball. The whole move takes a second, if it was clumsy he wouldn't know where it went with his back to it to turn and meet it perfectly. There was nobody around or behind him to flick it to if that's what anyone thinks he was trying.

Bergkamp Wondergoal vs Newcastle - put that in to a certain popular video website. Watch the second replay angle in slow motion, no way he didn't mean it at all. He angles his foot on purpose for it and then goes to meet where he put it. Defender bought it completely.

I've watched loads of times over the years. Never looks good to me. Looks clumsy somehow. Stand by what I said above like. Think he was trying to flick it behind him to his left.

Sometimes I disagree with but respect your opinion...not on this occasion. I was sat right behind the gallowgate goal, middle tier, when he scored that goal and live, I thought similar to you, shouted it loud and long in pubs after....till I watched it on the box and thought"fuck, he knew exactly what he was doing and it was brilliant"

Still remember him being subbed at half time though because Bramble had him all ends in a later game mind.