Dwight Gayle (now playing for Hibernian)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

657 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

This poll is closed to new votes

We'll just get by with Murphy and Gouffran as cover for the few weeks. About 3/4s of the Championship would love that as their main options let alone back up

We'll just get by with Murphy and Gouffran as cover for the few weeks. About 3/4s of the Championship would love that as their main options let alone back up

However many of the other first teams they would get into, they would not be facing everybody and their granny  behind the ball for most of every game. It can be hard enough (watching too) when you've a bit more guile up front, and can't help thinking we may well regret not getting something 'more'. Just like 2015-16 when just about everybody was banging on about needing another centre back to bring Mbemba on. If we had got someone like Van Dijk (...I know, but that was then and it was mooted) then I genuinely think despite the failings elsewhere we would have stayed-up... Oh, suddenly dawned on me that might not have been a good thing  :undecided:

No, regardless of the comparison above, we definitely need to get promoted. No. 10 please.

We'll have dodged a bullet if he's only out a couple of weeks.

Disappointing for Anita but a chance for Yedlin to really make the RB spot his own over the coming months. Hopefully he takes it.

I can't think of many teams who would love Gouffran as their main striker. Barnet maybe? Grimsby?

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sam-allardyce-questions-whether-dwight-12464885

“That’s not for me to say,” Allardyce replied when asked by The Croydon Advertiser whether he would have sold Gayle over the summer.

“I’ve never worked with Dwight so I can’t tell you.

“Goals in the Championship doesn’t relate to goals in the Premier League for some players.

“I saw Abel Hernandez score 20-odd goals to get Hull up last year and he has struggled badly this term.

“Some do make the transition and some don’t.

“I don’t know what would have been the case with Dwight Gayle.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sam-allardyce-questions-whether-dwight-12464885

“That’s not for me to say,” Allardyce replied when asked by The Croydon Advertiser whether he would have sold Gayle over the summer.

“I’ve never worked with Dwight so I can’t tell you.

“Goals in the Championship doesn’t relate to goals in the Premier League for some players.

“I saw Abel Hernandez score 20-odd goals to get Hull up last year and he has struggled badly this term.

“Some do make the transition and some don’t.

“I don’t know what would have been the case with Dwight Gayle.”

How many goals have they scored since he took over? :iamatwat:

Allardyce is shitting his pants over the prospect of relegation. No Defoe to paper over the cracks this time, but he's got enough attacking talent at his disposal to be doing a lot better than he is.

Goals haven't been the issue for palace this season tbf, it's defensively where they are a shambles.

Defence is Fat Sam's speciality and presumably why he was given the job. Shouldn't be a problem for a tactical genius like him.

Allardyce is shitting his pants over the prospect of relegation. No Defoe to paper over the cracks this time, but he's got enough attacking talent at his disposal to be doing a lot better than he is.

Next to promotion, Sam getting relegated is my biggest hope for this season. Absolutely detest the bloke. Also could get cheaper Palace tickets in the Championship after his sacking.

The King getting knocked off his perch, and Allardyce fucking up the England job and his claim to fame of never being relegated, along with the mackems going down in the same season is far too good to be true